All post-conciliar popes blesseds?
(07-14-2012, 02:30 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:27 PM)lumine Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:23 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:20 PM)lumine Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:17 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 01:55 PM)Supplex Wrote: She will always be the pillar of Truth, or I would be post-conciliar and not Catholic.

If you attend the NO, you show that you believe that the NO is your Church, then you are post-conciliar and not Catholic. Or where am I mistaken?

You are completely mistaken.  What do you say about people who like both forms of the Latin Rite of Mass?  The NO is definitely Catholic, no matter how you look at it.

Try to convince Pope St. Pius V  - and all the pre-concilliar souls in heaven of that when you meet them - I'll try to be there to watch.

So, you think that no other successor of Saint Peter after Saint Pius V has the right to alter liturgy?

You think the NO Liturgy is a mere alteration of the TLM?

FYI, the TLM was replaced, not altered. Just do a quick comparison, should take no more than about 30 seconds to see the two are completely different.

At both forms of the Latin Rite, Christ is sacrificed and consumed.  Both are valid forms of the Latin Rite of Mass, at least according to Pope Paul VI and every Pope after him.....
Incredible. Hopefully this is just shoddy reporting.
According to the old Catholic Encyclopedia, written well before Vatican II, here is a basic structure of the Mass from ancient times.  Please show where the NO deviates from what is below:

•1. Lessons (lxvii, 3).
•2. Sermon by the bishop (lxvii, 4).
•3. Prayers for all people (lxvii, 5; lxv, 1).
•4. Kiss of peace (lxv, 2).
•5. Offertory of bread and wine and water brought up by the deacons (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•6. Thanksgiving-prayer by the bishop (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•7. Consecration by the words of institution (? lxv, 5; lxvi, 2-3).
•8. Intercession for the people (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•9. The people end this prayer with Amen. (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•10. Communion (lxvii, 5; lxv 5).

Just because you think the NO is inappropriate doesn't mean that it isn't a valid Mass.  FYI, I love the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite of Mass, but I know that the Novus Ordo is Catholic.....
(07-14-2012, 02:33 PM)lumine Wrote: At both forms of the Latin Rite, Christ is sacrificed and consumed.  Both are valid forms of the Latin Rite of Mass, at least according to Pope Paul VI and every Pope after him.....

The conciliar popes are wrong. Yes, they are human. They will face God same as you, me and every other soul - naked, alone and accused. I always think of: ......Now death and nature with surprise, behold the trembling sinners rise, to meet the Judge's searching eyes.

Hard to say? - yes. Hard to believe? - only if you reject reality.

I'll stick with all the popes pre-V2 back to St. Peter.
(07-14-2012, 02:17 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 01:55 PM)Supplex Wrote: She will always be the pillar of Truth, or I would be post-conciliar and not Catholic.

If you attend the NO, you show that you believe that the NO is your Church, then you are post-conciliar and not Catholic. Or where am I mistaken?

I do not attend the NO service.

Let me rephrase it:

She will always be the pillar of Truth, or I wouldn't have any ground to combat error.

I wouldn't know Truth from error if She was anything other then the pillar of Truth.
(07-14-2012, 02:39 PM)lumine Wrote: According to the old Catholic Encyclopedia, written well before Vatican II, here is a basic structure of the Mass from ancient times.  Please show where the NO deviates from what is below:

•1. Lessons (lxvii, 3).
•2. Sermon by the bishop (lxvii, 4).
•3. Prayers for all people (lxvii, 5; lxv, 1).
•4. Kiss of peace (lxv, 2).
•5. Offertory of bread and wine and water brought up by the deacons (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•6. Thanksgiving-prayer by the bishop (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•7. Consecration by the words of institution (? lxv, 5; lxvi, 2-3).
•8. Intercession for the people (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•9. The people end this prayer with Amen. (lxvii, 5; lxv, 3).
•10. Communion (lxvii, 5; lxv 5).

Just because you think the NO is inappropriate doesn't mean that it isn't a valid Mass.  FYI, I love the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite of Mass, but I know that the Novus Ordo is Catholic.....

Validity and the pope - same o same o.

God will accept the NO Liturgy or He'll get nothing at all.

The NO Liturgy is no more the "mass" than the conciliar faith is Catholic. Rotten fruits = not Catholic.
(07-14-2012, 02:39 PM)lumine Wrote: Just because you think the NO is inappropriate doesn't mean that it isn't a valid Mass.  FYI, I love the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite of Mass, but I know that the Novus Ordo is Catholic.....

Leadership Tip: Avoid The Word 'But'

If you eliminate the work 'but' from your memos, e-mail, phone conversations, and dealings, you'll strengthen your ability to persuade others.

Why?

Any time you use the word 'but', what you're really saying is that you disagree with that person. For example, if you say, "I agree with you, but let me say this...," You nullified and disagree with the premise leading up to the word "but".

The solution?

Always replace 'but' with 'and'. In the above example, you would say: "I agree with you, and let me say this..." Replacing 'but' with 'and' eliminates all contradiction from your message, and makes what you say more powerful.
And people can swallow your BS a tad bit easier.

:tiphat:
GottmitunsAlex LOL
(07-14-2012, 02:26 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:24 PM)lumine Wrote: So, basically there are people here who call themselves "traditionalists" who are really protestants and don't recognize the authority of the popes when they don't like it...

Typical - those who worship at the prot service thinking they're the Catholics and trads are the prots......some things never change.

So, Pope Paul VI, a Catholic Pope, put a protestant service into place in the Catholic Church?  And, anyone who attends it is really attending a protestant service?  And, every Pope after Pope Paul VI has celebrated the Novus Ordo, so every Pope since Pope Paul VI has celebrated protestant services?  How, then, can these "Popes" truly be Catholic?
(07-14-2012, 02:50 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:39 PM)lumine Wrote: Just because you think the NO is inappropriate doesn't mean that it isn't a valid Mass.  FYI, I love the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite of Mass, but I know that the Novus Ordo is Catholic.....

Leadership Tip: Avoid The Word 'But'

If you eliminate the work 'but' from your memos, e-mail, phone conversations, and dealings, you'll strengthen your ability to persuade others.

Why?

Any time you use the word 'but', what you're really saying is that you disagree with that person. For example, if you say, "I agree with you, but let me say this...," You nullified and disagree with the premise leading up to the word "but".

The solution?

Always replace 'but' with 'and'. In the above example, you would say: "I agree with you, and let me say this..." Replacing 'but' with 'and' eliminates all contradiction from your message, and makes what you say more powerful.
And people can swallow your BS a tad bit easier.

:tiphat:
Haha....LOL....AND you still call it BS after all that......So, who do you say was the last true pope?  Is the NO protestant?  Are Catholic popes presiding over protestant services?  A Catholic pope promulgated a protestant service and masqueraded it as a Catholic Mass?    Wow.............................................