SSPX says no to Rome
(07-17-2012, 11:17 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: I see not only a corollary to Protestantism, but also the Pharisees and Sadducees,

The Church is Israel, and boy oh boy, don't we play the part. 

Tell us, then, since you point out that protestants have quoted St. Paul to the Galatians to justify their heresy, have you any application of it to anybody today?  Because it is, you know, the Word of God.

Also, keep in mind that the Pharisees and Sadducees were the officials of the church of the Old Law.

Those of us who apply St. Paul's instruction concerning those who preach a new gospel, to the wolves in the clothing of sheep that our Lord told us very forcefully to beware of, cannot be playing the part of the Pharisees or the Sadducees, since we have no official role.  We'd be much more like the outcasts and lepers and tax-collectors whom Our Lord was displaying such scandalous interest in.

But yes, boy oh boy, don't you play the part.  All for obedience and sticking by the letter of the law, and very, very concerned that men like Muller, who is responsible for his writings and can speak perfectly well for himself, is defended by legalistic and totally unreasonable arguments.

Did Muller defend himself?  No.  He poured scorn on his critics.  Did he even ask you to interevene on his behalf?  Of course not.  He's happy with what he wrote, and the fact that it leads people to doubt about Our Lady's virginal honour does not bother him.  So why not leave him in his chosen swill and let the faithful who are outraged by his filth warn others against him?  Muller's reputation clearly matters a whole lot more to you than it does to him.  Let that be a conclusive argument for you.
(07-17-2012, 11:09 AM)JayneK Wrote: And this is remarkably like the Protestant justification for saying such things.  The resemblance is uncanny.

Mmm..nope. Just telling it like it is. The Post Vast 2 "theology" (heresy - modernism) falls nicely under the auspices of Galations 1:8 which is simple and direct in it's meaning, quite unlike the verbomania that passes for Post V2 prognostications, a tool used to cover heresy not  unlike draping a very intricate rug over a pile of manure.Manure I might add,that your good self and a select few get all twisted up trying to justify and "explain" away.
(07-17-2012, 11:17 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: So, it's very obvious the Church is supposedly teaching this "different" gospel... 3 Popes in, and pretty much all the Bishops in the world save those not in communion with Rome. The ones who are in communion with Rome, but have issues with aspects of the Council, and just interpret in light of Tradition, taking exception to "the spirit of Vatican II", are still in communion with Rome. A heavy lesson there for some.

Either the gates of hell prevailed or there is a spirit of Protestantism coursing through the veins of many here, in total misunderstanding of what is acceptable in terms of obedience to Rome.

I see not only a corollary to Protestantism, but also the Pharisees and Sadducees, wrapped up in insular worlds, pontificating and going against Christ and St. Peter, et al.

The Church is Israel, and boy oh boy, don't we play the part.

err...ye... whatever. Would you like some liturgical dance with your Reiki healing Mass sir?  You seem to to be under the illusion that dressing up in clericals and putting the seal of Rome on your paper work makes one a Catholic/the Church. How quaint. The Fruits of the "renewal" (Masonic coup) would indicate quite the opposite and the very real fact of the ongoing fight between truth and error shows that the battle is still very much on.
(07-16-2012, 11:52 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: 1. It is impossible for the Catholic Faith to change. 2. It is not impossible for churchmen, including many bishops and even the pope, to lose their Faith and fall into heresy. It has happened before.

Thank you for this much-needed reminder, good sir.
(07-16-2012, 02:25 AM)Joshua Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 02:05 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 01:30 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 01:27 AM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: You and Dying Flutchman sound like you're headed for Hell. Shape up and become Catholic before it's too late.

How are they headed for Hell? Are they members of a false religion? Have they committed a public mortal sin? The cornfield is available for you to make your case.
Explain yourself fellow.

When a Catholic's rhetoric eerily resembles the most vicious of Reformation polemic ("Roman church of Satan?") is when explanation is truly needed ... fellow.

Long week.

Yeah, my charge was that Dying Flutchman and John Lane sound like they're headed for Hell. Obviously no one with an ounce of charity would want that to happen.

re: the Lutheran rhetoric about the Roman Church: nothing needs to be said against this indefensible and diabolical libel.

re: sedevacantism. It is to claim that the gates of Hell did prevail against the Church, which is heresy; it is to deny the authority of the Pope of Rome, which is schism; it is to abjure hope in the Lord's promise, which is irreligion.

Having abandoned the barque of Peter, individuals who founder in the seas of pride lash out in all sorts of appalling ways. This is evident on this site. People libel and calumniate against the Pope and the clergy, accusing the very Pontiff himself of heresy! They spread lies, rumors, innuendos and in various ways fail even to give the benefit of the doubt to men of the cloth. I'm not talking about obvious malefactors here... I'm talking about men whose statements have been twisted, taken out of context, misunderstood or otherwise denied proper consideration, patience and analysis.

On a thread on this site, someone even presented the image of sodomizing bishop Mueller with a crozier. If that does not encapsulate the moral turpitude into which one falls when one renounces the protection and guidance of the Holy Catholic Church, then I'm not sure what does. Please note that so far I don't even like his Excellency.

Wake up! The day of the Lord draws nigh.
Anyone else notice how the people who are so against other people making conclusions based on their own reasoning and "without the authority of the Church" are so quick to set up a false dichotomy about exactly what "the Gates of Hell have prevailed" actually means? 

I mean, seriously, this irrational slogan is becoming really wearisome especially when coupled with the hypocrisy behind making the assertion. 

What it really means is, "If you don't agree with me, and you demonstrate any resistance to anything beyond my arbitrary line in the sand, then "the Gates of Hell have prevailed." 

Catholicism rests on their private interpretation of authority and obedience.  It's sort of a holding of the Divine Institution hostage.  "If you don't stop disagreeing with me man, I swear I'll pull the trigger and invalidate the Church!" 

It's just getting to be silly slogan. 

"If you say you aren't going to have chocolate ice cream for dessert when I want it, then "the Gates of Hell have prevailed." 

But you can get it all back if you just shout "Vicar of Christ" three times really fast and at the same time twist your right foot on the ground as if your putting out a cigarette.
Quote:re: sedevacantism. It is to claim that the gates of Hell did prevail against the Church, which is heresy; it is to deny the authority of the Pope of Rome, which is schism; it is to abjure hope in the Lord's promise, which is irreligion.

You are in violation of forum rules banning any discussion on whether or not the seat is vacant.
(07-20-2012, 01:51 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
Quote:re: sedevacantism. It is to claim that the gates of Hell did prevail against the Church, which is heresy; it is to deny the authority of the Pope of Rome, which is schism; it is to abjure hope in the Lord's promise, which is irreligion.

1. You are in violation of forum rules banning any discussion on whether or not the seat is vacant. 2. Your claims are incorrect.
:readrules:
(07-20-2012, 01:54 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: :readrules:

I edited my post.