SSPX says no to Rome
Why does this sound familliar? Oh yeah...

[Image: isildur-ring.jpg]
When i saw the other 2 bishops weren't on board with Fellay i knew there would be no deal, although i believe Fellay himself knew he would have to admit to no trouble with the Vatican 2 documents which he knew wasn't true. As for Rome excommunicating them again, i doubt it, they will proably propose more talks.
Yeah.  And evidently there was a last minute revision by the Vatican, which +Fellay commented on, which he said he couldn't accept.  It will be nice to see the different versions and see how whack the CDF is.
Something tells me that the preamble will never be revealed.
(07-14-2012, 08:55 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Something tells me that the preamble will never be revealed.

If not, then I would assume that it is for the good of all those people who are bent on a reunion for the sake of a reunion.  If they do not understand why SSPX should never agree to any reunion as long as the NO exists, it's a safe bet that reading a NO preamble would only foster more confusion and division for those people...........we'll probably need to wait for the NO to publish it.

Thinking about it like that, the SSPX once again knew what they were doing - assuming the OP is accurate. 
DEO GRATIAS!!!  Here's praying that one day Rome returns to the faith and the SSPX can rejoin. Pray Pray
(07-14-2012, 09:30 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: DEO GRATIAS!!!  Here's praying that one day Rome returns to the faith and the SSPX can rejoin. Pray Pray

The way you phrased this, ecclesiologically speaking, is problematic and incorrect.
(07-14-2012, 10:07 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 09:30 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: DEO GRATIAS!!!  Here's praying that one day Rome returns to the faith and the SSPX can rejoin. Pray Pray
The way you phrased this, ecclesiologically speaking, is problematic and incorrect.

You mean because of the "rejoin" part? 

Yes, I find it problematic and incorrect when people use the terminology "re-enter the Church" with respect to the SSPX.

Interesting words
Quote:From an interview granted to the Caledonian newspaper Les Nouvelles Caledoniennes (Dec. 27, 2010):
Question: The goal of your Fraternity is still to integrate the Catholic Church?
Answer:  Yes, we have always maintained that we do not wish to go our own way. We maintain that we are Catholic and that we remain so. We wish that Rome will recognize us as true Bishops. Otherwise, the word schismatic is not used any longer regarding us. Now, if we are not schismatics, nor heretics, then we are truly Catholic. Otherwise, the Pope says that there is solely a problem of a canonical nature. An act of Rome suffices to state that it's over and that we reenter the Church. This will happen [Ça viendra.]. I am very optimistic.
[Source: Le Forum Catholique; tip: Le Salon Beige]

I am confident

Quote:From an interview granted to Paolo Luigi Rodari, in Il Riformista:
... has often been defined as the head of the more moderate wing of the Lefebvrists. The opposite of Bishop Richard Williamson, who would represent the more intransigent wing in the Fraternity, that [wing] of the "never and never again" regarding a compromise with Rome.
"Nothing could be falser;  Williamson and I are on the same line, that which believes that we could hardly [color=red]re-enter a Church as is. And the reasons are quite simple. Benedict XVI has indeed liberalized the ancient rite, but I cannot explain for what reason he made such a decision if he then allows the majority of Bishops to criticize and disobey him regarding what he determined. What should we do? [color=red]Re-enter the Church and then be insulted by all those people?"

Ignoring the blatant problems associated with this statement, and referencing this statement you made yesterday....

(07-13-2012, 07:42 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Yeah it's a good thing. Catholics can follow Williamson and the rest can go with Judas Fellay as they enter the counterfeit  Roman Church of satan.

....I think you're a very confused person. 
Pray for the Apostolic See, that she may once again boldly proclaim the saving Faith clearly, precisely and inviolately.