Hardrock-Mass
Who wants to go!?

[Image: 12_07_17_rockpriester.jpg]

Posted by Fr. Z "The picture of the week shows a “Hardrock-Mass” in the Cathedral of Tarragona (Spain) on the 8th of April 2012. The celebrant is known as “Padre Jony”, such is his stage name. HIs real name is Joan Enric Reverte, and he is the Pastor of St. Peter Parish in Alcanar."

After every image like that we should always remember the caption that follows it. "In communion with Rome."
(07-17-2012, 03:45 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: After every image like that we should always remember the caption that follows it. "In communion with Rome."
It's all relative.
(07-17-2012, 03:45 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: After every image like that we should always remember the caption that follows it. "In communion with Rome."

Came here to say this.
That man is possessed.
So if we rank all the problems facing the Church today, where would we put a priest doing dumb stuff with liturgy? 

Does it ever occur to anyone here that the Pope has to deal with big picture strategy and cannot pull out his big guns for every individual priest abusing the liturgy?  He has to choose his battles and think about the long term. And I can't think of anyone here who is in a position to judge what it is like to handle responsibility on that scale.
(07-17-2012, 04:47 PM)JayneK Wrote: So if we rank all the problems facing the Church today, where would we put a priest doing dumb stuff with liturgy? 

Does it ever occur to anyone here that the Pope has to deal with big picture strategy and cannot pull out his big guns for every individual priest abusing the liturgy?  He has to choose his battles and think about the long term. And I can't think of anyone here who is in a position to judge what it is like to handle responsibility on that scale.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but pretty much everything you just posted seems to have come totally out of left field. Who here is bashing the Pope? Is any sort of critique of idiotic modernist shenanigans an attack on the Pope himself?
(07-17-2012, 04:52 PM)FaithByProxy Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 04:47 PM)JayneK Wrote: So if we rank all the problems facing the Church today, where would we put a priest doing dumb stuff with liturgy? 

Perhaps I'm missing something, but pretty much everything you just posted seems to have come totally out of left field. Who here is bashing the Pope? Is any sort of critique of idiotic modernist shenanigans an attack on the Pope himself?

It was a pre-emptive strike?  :)  Seriously, this is where they were going with the "he's in communion with Rome" stuff.  The implication is that the Pope should be hunting down every liturgical abuse and excommunicating the perpetrators.

The Pope could stop appointing shitty bishops who have no disregard for the liturgy (or in this case removing bishops his predecessor permitted).  Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass?  Where?  

Also, you may have overlooked the fact that this occurred at a cathedral, so it's likely the bishop knew of (and approved of!) this sacrilegious Mass.
(07-17-2012, 05:00 PM)JayneK Wrote: It was a pre-emptive strike?  :)  Seriously, this is where they were going with the "he's in communion with Rome" stuff.  The implication is that the Pope should be hunting down every liturgical abuse and excommunicating the perpetrators.

The Vatican was (and is?) a-ok with hunting down a little traditionalist seminary in the middle of Switzerland.

I think they can have the local ordinary jump on this guy.  ESPECIALLY when he becomes a scandal to the Faith and the Church and is covered in the news.