Hardrock-Mass
(07-20-2012, 07:28 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 04:54 PM)Petertherock Wrote: If the Pope really wanted to regularize the SSPX he could do so with one simple declaration. Nothing is stopping him. In a nutshell...if the SSPX are wrong...then the Catholic Church before the 1960s was wrong. If the SSPX and the pre VII Church is right...then Rome must act and become Catholic again.

This.

People have forgotten what the battle is all about, a little reminder now and then puts the SSPX in the right.
This.
People don't want to remember or are in denial.

(07-20-2012, 05:57 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 10:30 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 08:50 AM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 10:34 AM)JayneK Wrote: I got this idea from Fr. Z (who, unlike me, is a Vatican insider.)

OK.  Did he have any justification for it, or was it just crede mihi, Romae habito?

As I've never read anything of his, I have little reason to believe or disbelieve him.

Yes, he made a case for it.  Do you want me to find the post? I should be able to fairly easily.

I'd be interested to read it-- I simply can't imagine what would make one think the appointment of Muller is the harbinger of death for the dissidents.  To me, such a statement is a riddle wrapped in an enigma hidden in a mystery.

Of course, some mysteries are simply insoluble.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/07/new-prefe...egensburg/

JayneK Wrote:I got this idea from Fr. Z (who, unlike me, is a Vatican insider.)

All the more reason to take what he says with a grain of salt.
Muller will only further enforce the Novus Ordo religion. I still, however, see his appointment to be beneficial to the Church, as it clarifies things for those who have the will to see. Treacherous rouges like Muller arrogantly bear their teeth, in the end the sheep will catch on and cry to their Shepperd for help. 
(07-20-2012, 08:54 PM)Dellery Wrote:
JayneK Wrote:I got this idea from Fr. Z (who, unlike me, is a Vatican insider.)

All the more reason to take what he says with a grain of salt.
Muller will only further enforce the Novus Ordo religion. I still, however, see his appointment to be beneficial to the Church, as it clarifies things for those who have the will to see. Treacherous rouges like Muller arrogantly bear their teeth, in the end the sheep will catch on and cry to their Shepperd for help.   
This
(07-20-2012, 08:20 PM)JayneK Wrote: http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/07/new-prefe...egensburg/

Thank you.  From the article:

Quote:Müller has made some statements about clerical celibacy and Mariology that have a few people scratching their heads.

This is not very comforting.

The section that seems to imply cracking down on dissident bishops applies only to the abuse scandals, the best I can make out.  In other words, it may have something to do with orthopraxy, but nothing to do with orthodoxy.  This man is not likely to be cracking down on dissident theologians, i.e. heretics, any time soon.  Which is too bad, since it's kind of his job/duty of state/what have you.

I am glad that Fr. Z thinks liberation theology has been pretty much junked, but I think it's pretty clear that he's way off base if he thinks that Muller believes likewise.

In short, I think one could establish solely from Fr. Z's post that Muller was a pretty terrible appointment.  May God have mercy on the Holy Father-- who knows what excuse he may have-- and on us all.

Edited to add the word 'time' to the phrase "any time soon."
(07-20-2012, 07:28 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 04:54 PM)Petertherock Wrote: If the Pope really wanted to regularize the SSPX he could do so with one simple declaration. Nothing is stopping him. In a nutshell...if the SSPX are wrong...then the Catholic Church before the 1960s was wrong. If the SSPX and the pre VII Church is right...then Rome must act and become Catholic again.

This.

People have forgotten what the battle is all about, a little reminder now and then puts the SSPX in the right.

Amen to all of the above.