Society of St. Pius X General Chapter Statement [DICI]
(07-19-2012, 02:35 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 12:46 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
Quote:The Society continues to uphold the declarations and the teachings of the constant Magisterium of the Church in regard to all the novelties of the Second Vatican Council which remain tainted with errors, and also in regard to the reforms issued from it. We find our sure guide in this uninterrupted Magisterium which, by its teaching authority, transmits the revealed Deposit of Faith in perfect harmony with the truths that the entire Church has professed, always and everywhere.

Excellent. The only thing missing are declarations of "schism" and of being "non-Catholic" from neo-cons who hold know authority.

I wonder where individual trads find the authority to do the exact same thing. I mean, if individual trads are justified in deciding that others are heretics, then presumably individual neocons would also be justified in doing so. In that case, the problem would simply be that one of the two groups is incorrect in its judgment as to what is or is not heretical.

How do you figure that out? The majority of the time, if trads accuse someone of being a heretic, such as recently with the Bishop Muller issue, they put forward evidence for their cause. The neo-cons accuse the SSPX of schism and being non-Catholic, without foundation, all the time. And they never admit they are wrong.
Quote:  the unique Church founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ, outside of which there is no salvation nor possibility to find the means leading to salvation;
  Deo gratias.  I guess the Tibetans are in need of our prayers again.
I don't find this reassuring. If they reject this offer then pretty soon they're going to have to consecrate even more bishops which will lead to another round of excommunications. There are already generations who have been raised in the SSPX who have no idea about the normal structures of the Church, the Pope, etc. Not to mention some SSPX faithful are getting sick with the flip flopping and already jumping ship to "Ecclesia Dei" type groups.

The longer this goes on the more likely it is to grow into a real schism.
Quote: I don't find this reassuring.
Withhold judgement for now.  Until we see the original preamble that supposedly had +Fellay's tacit approval, and the one Lavender Levada gave him in June, it might be reassuring that they've dug in.  It is not possible to draw conclusions at this time.

Even IF Pope Benedict didn't approve of the revised preamble, this is a negotiations, and the other side needed their knuckles rapped for that stunt pulled in June.  The ball is in the Vatican's court after that fiasco.
(07-19-2012, 07:39 PM)Aragon Wrote: I don't find this reassuring. If they reject this offer then pretty soon they're going to have to consecrate even more bishops which will lead to another round of excommunications. There are already generations who have been raised in the SSPX who have no idea about the normal structures of the Church, the Pope, etc. Not to mention some SSPX faithful are getting sick with the flip flopping and already jumping ship to "Ecclesia Dei" type groups.

Schism is no longer of any relevance, as you must know.  Everybody's going to heaven, they use different paths.

However, if you reject this new ecclesiology, and you believe in the traditional and true ecclesiology, yes, there's a schism already, and it's on the part of the Modernists, as Archbishop Lefebvre said very clearly many times.  When they return to the Church, the SSPX will not be a problem.
(07-19-2012, 07:39 PM)Aragon Wrote: If they reject this offer then pretty soon they're going to have to consecrate even more bishops which will lead to another round of excommunications.

I would disagree?  They've got at least another decade before new bishops are necessary (if you ask me).
(07-19-2012, 08:02 PM)John Lane Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 07:39 PM)Aragon Wrote: I don't find this reassuring. If they reject this offer then pretty soon they're going to have to consecrate even more bishops which will lead to another round of excommunications. There are already generations who have been raised in the SSPX who have no idea about the normal structures of the Church, the Pope, etc. Not to mention some SSPX faithful are getting sick with the flip flopping and already jumping ship to "Ecclesia Dei" type groups.

Schism is no longer of any relevance, as you must know.  Everybody's going to heaven, they use different paths.

However, if you reject this new ecclesiology, and you believe in the traditional and true ecclesiology, yes, there's a schism already, and it's on the part of the Modernists, as Archbishop Lefebvre said very clearly many times.  When they return to the Church, the SSPX will not be a problem.

The SSPX aren't sedevacantists so I imagine their take on the situation would be quite different to yours. Also, if you and other sedevacantists want to be taken seriously you have to stop misrepresenting the teaching of the Church. Where does Vatican II say everybody is going to heaven via different paths?
(07-19-2012, 09:03 PM)Aragon Wrote: The SSPX aren't sedevacantists so I imagine their take on the situation would be quite different to yours. Also, if you and other sedevacantists want to be taken seriously you have to stop misrepresenting the teaching of the Church. Where does Vatican II say everybody is going to heaven via different paths?

The Council didn't, as far as I know, but the clergymen and bishops either promote it, tolerate it, or stay silent on that point.
Quote:The SSPX aren't sedevacantists so I imagine their take on the situation would be quite different to yours.

Actually, the SSPX and Mr. Lane (et al) are united in condemning the errors of Vatican II.
(07-19-2012, 09:10 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 09:03 PM)Aragon Wrote: The SSPX aren't sedevacantists so I imagine their take on the situation would be quite different to yours. Also, if you and other sedevacantists want to be taken seriously you have to stop misrepresenting the teaching of the Church. Where does Vatican II say everybody is going to heaven via different paths?

The Council didn't, as far as I know, but the clergymen and bishops either promote it, tolerate it, or stay silent on that point.

Yes, but what the council teaches and what this or that clergymen says are two completely different issues.