When was original sin removed from OT saints?
(07-23-2012, 12:38 PM)Walty Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 08:45 AM)Rosarium Wrote: Aquinas was not "wrong" as much as you think.

This is very important, I think.  He's not just another saint/theologian.  He holds a singular and extraordinary place in the Church, and is the Angelic Doctor, the chief of all theologians, and the school (though there are no schools comparable in scope to his own) which has been accepted and promoted by the Church above all others.

I disagree with this, not because I disagree with Thomism on certain points, but because it singles out one person as basically being the summit of Catholic truth.  He very much is just another saint/theologian.  I think to put him on such a pedestal as the West does, and not merely acknowledging that he was more gifted than other theologians in many ways, but putting him on an entirely different level to the exclusion of all other theologians, is in a certain sense idolatrous.  You're basically saying all other theologians are deserving of an academic type of dulia, but Aquinas alone deserves academic hyperdulia.

Messages In This Thread
Re: When was original sin removed from OT saints? - by Melkite - 07-23-2012, 05:41 PM