Voris: The Church or Patriotism?
This is his best one yet...apologies if this has been posted before...

I just saw this in my email. Once again Voris has it wrong. We do NOT have to choose between America and Catholicism. Obama is violating the U.S. Constitution! Which guarantees us freedom of religion and conscience, and separation of Church and State. The HHS Mandate and all its ramifications is a perfect example of why the CHURCH needs to be protected from the State! A Catholic American need not choose between her religion and her country. Our "leaders" just need to be true to the spirit and vision of our Founding Fathers. And if they can't, they need to go. VOTE AGAINST OBAMA THIS NOVEMBER. That's what every good Catholic American should do.
(07-19-2012, 12:59 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I just saw this in my email. Once again Voris has it wrong. We do NOT have to choose between America and Catholicism. Obama is violating the U.S. Constitution! Which guarantees us freedom of religion and conscience, and separation of Church and State. The HHS Mandate and all its ramifications is a perfect example of why the CHURCH needs to be protected from the State! A Catholic American need not choose between her religion and her country. Our "leaders" just need to be true to the spirit and vision of our Founding Fathers. And if they can't, they need to go. VOTE AGAINST OBAMA THIS NOVEMBER. That's what every good Catholic American should do.

No...Voris has it right...the Constitution is a 200 year old document that only means what a majority of 9 judges say it means. Every President, Democrat and Republican...has violated the Constitution at least since the 1800s when Lincoln suspended habeas corpus. We have two men...Obama and Romney...who both issued HHS mandates forcing the Church to cover abortion and contraception...Romney on the state level...Obama on the federal level. So tell me, how is voting for either of the two clowns going to make a difference?

You can't vote against Obama by voting for Romney, as the reasons you can't vote for Obama, Romney embodies as well.

You won't oust him from office by writing in.

I won't be voting, unless I write in a candidate who will never win.

There's no point. Just use that time to pick boogers, it'd be more productive.
(07-19-2012, 12:59 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I just saw this in my email. Once again Voris has it wrong. We do NOT have to choose between America and Catholicism. Obama is violating the U.S. Constitution! Which guarantees us freedom of religion and conscience, and separation of Church and State. The HHS Mandate and all its ramifications is a perfect example of why the CHURCH needs to be protected from the State! A Catholic American need not choose between her religion and her country. Our "leaders" just need to be true to the spirit and vision of our Founding Fathers. And if they can't, they need to go. VOTE AGAINST OBAMA THIS NOVEMBER. That's what every good Catholic American should do.

Choosing the lesser of two evils, and the difference is non-noticeable, is still choosing evil.
Obama isn’t the only President that has violated the constitution in recent years. Expecting the Republican candidate to fix this is a pipe dream. Romney probably won’t even win, let alone overturn the law. No, Voris is 100% right, it’s not now nor ever has been about Religious Liberty. It’s about real true orthodox Catholicism vs. Evil. If you want to play the political card don’t just vote for Romney, try nullification, although I don’t think that will work either. But I do think it is the best solution. Nullification has worked on other laws in the past, however this law is so huge I’m sure the Feds would love to enforce it. Most American Catholics still think the GOP is their party; IT”S NOT! If the Republicans cared about Catholic views or the Constitution they would have overturned Roe V Wade and not passed the Patriot Act. One is true Evil and the other unconstitutional. Don’t let the GOP piss down your back and tell you it’s raining.
(07-19-2012, 02:06 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote:

Choosing the lesser of two evils, and the difference is non-noticeable, is still choosing evil.
:salute:
The best way for us to show our patriotism for our country is to disagree with her erroneous foundational principles, and to pray and work for her transformation into a country counted among the daughters of Rome, one that recognizes Christ as her King, which professes His divinely revealed truths, and which promotes and protects His bride, the Church.
Big Second of what Southpaw just wrote.
    The two candidates are both unacceptable.  I know enough about Romney first hand that I makes me refrain from voting for him.  I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.  They are two sides of the same coin.  How long do you want this to go on?  Nearly 40 yrs since Roe vs. Wade and none of them have stood up and said that abortion is totally wrong all the time.  They just give a few words that children are wonderful and it warms enough hearts, moving the people who hear it say that see, he is really on our side.  Don't believe them.
 We are here for the ride.  Prayer, the Rosary, and maintaining the state of grace is where it is at.  Like Peter said, the Constitution, even as a flawed document, only means what the Supreme Court says it means.  We just saw what Mr Conservative #1 justice just pulled.  Pray for our country.  It is our only hope.

Joe
(07-19-2012, 02:30 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: The best way for us to show our patriotism for our country is to disagree with her erroneous foundational principles, and to pray and work for her transformation into a country counted among the daughters of Rome, one that recognizes Christ as her King, which professes His divinely revealed truths, and which promotes and protects His bride, the Church.

Yes.

The problem started in 1776. Not with Earl Warren, or Lincoln, etc.