Voris: The Church or Patriotism?
I might even go back furthur, to 1620 and the pilgrims!(but point is well taken)

Joe
What's even worse is the fact that France had to get involved and bankrupt themselves to assist America against the English which caused their own country in decline and was used as the foundations for the revolution and that acted as a vessel for the enlightenment era modernistic garbage that we're dealing with today... Isn't cause - effect and supervenience fun to study on the sociopolitical scale!
(07-19-2012, 03:04 PM)joe17 Wrote: I might even go back furthur, to 1620 and the pilgrims!(but point is well taken)

Joe

Well, they did leave England because the established Protestant church was "too Romish" for them.
(07-19-2012, 03:13 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote: What's even worse is the fact that France had to get involved and bankrupt themselves to assist America against the English which caused their own country in decline and was used as the foundations for the revolution and that acted as a vessel for the enlightenment era modernistic garbage that we're dealing with today... Isn't cause - effect and supervenience fun to study on the sociopolitical scale!

Well said sir. and considering the opinion of some that America was a grand Masonic experiment, one might add that a Faithful Catholic cannot support this governmental system. Viva Christo Rey!
Voting for Rommney is a staying action. On Obamacare he'll claw back parts of it and give a fig leaf to the USCCB, if he gets a nice chunk of the "catholic vote". It would be palatable if the USCCB had  a plan to confront this wicked government on all the moral problems but alas I haven't heard that. The whole notion that they can create "healthcare" and pay for it with funny money (inflation) is a greivous sin in and of itself. Catholics and most of all our Bishops should never be involved with this theft and fraud.

It was "W" that came to the conclusion that some lines of frozen embryos could be used to clone and then rip out the stemcells just like the Nazis would have done. Will the USCCB tell Mittens that he needs to defund the UN because their soldiers rape women in the third world ? Will they tell him that the UN is lying about AIDS in Africa and is cooking the numbers to allow Africans to die from easily treated Malaria, and Tubeculosis if correctly diagnosed and not called AIDS. Will they tell hm to go after the "gay men" that are said to have 60,000 boy sex slaves, said to be the number in the US ?

If the "catholic vote" wins the election for him, will he be enboldened to take another ten year adventure to soothe the Israelis and decimate the Middle East ? I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut on this one. Will Mitt call Saudi Arabia on the carpet for wahabism, and for being the epicenter of the slave trade world wide ? It is now a multiple of the slave trade when we fought the Civil War.

On the other side if the Abomination wins he'll be emboldened to go after the Church in a much more viscious manner. He'll be indebted to the Jewish Lobby so Syria here we come. His warning of the Vatican Bank with the help of the Rothschild's International Bank Of Settlements will become a full out assault on the Vatican.

Frankly I'm not sure what to do at this moment, and I don't fell good about my seeming only choice.

tim       
No Voris is 100% right because Obama WILL be re-elected. WITH over 50% of the catholic vote. And when he is, he and his army of catholic politicians will be coming after the bishops with both guns blazing. Mittens beating big O, not a chance. Then it will be time for Catholics to make a decision. This Vortex was aimed squarely at Traditional Catholics. The sleepwalkers are too far gone and time is too short. Just like time is running out on the current pope to Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Men are not going fix this, but men and women will be Martyrs because of this.
Yeah, the help of many Catholics has gotten us here.  The corruption of the best is the worst.

Joe
(07-19-2012, 02:30 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: The best way for us to show our patriotism for our country is to disagree with her erroneous foundational principles, and to pray and work for her transformation into a country counted among the daughters of Rome, one that recognizes Christ as her King, which professes His divinely revealed truths, and which promotes and protects His bride, the Church.

That won't ever happen. It's fruitless even trying.
(07-19-2012, 02:30 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: The best way for us to show our patriotism for our country is to disagree with her erroneous foundational principles, and to pray and work for her transformation into a country counted among the daughters of Rome, one that recognizes Christ as her King, which professes His divinely revealed truths, and which promotes and protects His bride, the Church.

Well put.  I've told people before who think that I'm not a patriot that they have no clue what patriotism really means and that rather than me not being a patriot, they're just nationalists because they go along with the "American Way" as if things will be all hunky dory that way.  Encouraging the US to continue along the landslide that we're already in is in no way being patriotic.    Be a good American Catholic and don't vote this election! 
Quote:Well put.  I've told people before who think that I'm not a patriot that they have no clue what patriotism really means and that rather than me not being a patriot, they're just nationalists because they go along with the "American Way" as if things will be all hunky dory that way.

Very well put. "Patriotism" means listening to country, sipping on a beer watching some kind of sporting event or whatever, and espousing a rah rah rah 'Mer-cuh attitude.