Healing of Colombian man could pave way for John Paul II canonization
(07-23-2012, 11:15 PM)Guardian Wrote: I saw the quote from St. John Eudes earlier, thanks.

My main point is that God chastises and then provides for those who remain faithful.  And its been done throughout history.  You can't seem to get past the chastisement part. 

I was responding to your post, which responded to the point about the punishment of bad priests with the argument that "We've had 'bad priests' since the dawn of the Church."

Sure we have, but that effectively ignores the point: that God will send a whole lot of them our way as a punishment. So saying, "We've had bad priests before" doesn't respond to the point that God will allow the world to become full of them as a punishment. It only reads like: "No biggie. We've had bad ones before, so why is that so bad?"

Arguing that "God will provide" doesn't respond to the point, since no one implied that He wouldn't provide. The only point made was that a plague of bad clergy is the worst kind of plague. No one argued that there haven't been bad priests before; nor did anyone argue that God wouldn't provide. These side points miss the point.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Healing of Colombian man could pave way for John Paul II canonization - by INPEFESS - 07-24-2012, 12:58 AM