Voris: Wake Up and Man Up!
True! True! True!!
3:17: "girly approach to the faith.." 

And at the moment some girls wearing short-shorts strolled by, with St. Peter's looming in the background.
This guy is legit.
(07-21-2012, 07:46 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: This guy is legit.

He is certainly undergoing a transition of some sort.  Elias perhaps?
Nice.  Very nice.
Michael Voris's zeal, love for souls, and passion for the truth are all commendable. Nonetheless, what is accomplished by videos such as this one? Would anyone who disagreed with him be persuaded or a would a non-Catholic be converted? It is certainly true that the laity ought to make known their needs to the pastors of the Church, but if that is his goal there surely must be more constructive and composed ways of doing so. His rhetoric, however, seems intended to stoke animosity and discontent among those who share his opinions on ecclesiastical matters.
(07-22-2012, 12:00 PM)Aegis Wrote: Michael Voris's zeal, love for souls, and passion for the truth are all commendable. Nonetheless, what is accomplished by videos such as this one? Would anyone who disagreed with him be persuaded or a would a non-Catholic be converted? It is certainly true that the laity ought to make known their needs to the pastors of the Church, but if that is his goal there surely must be more constructive and composed ways of doing so. His rhetoric, however, seems intended to stoke animosity and discontent among those who share his opinions on ecclesiastical matters.

It seems to me that Voris' main target audience, at least of late has been Catholics. 

It is true that if one's aim is evangelization, one ought to do their best to proceed in charity while at the same time not compromise truth.  It is a difficult balance to find.

But I think Voris realizes that (in fact, I'm sure he does) it is probably more efficacious in the long run to train Catholics in apologetics, than to simply make videos geared at atheists and non-believers.  Remember that the people we have the most effect on are those we are in contact with every day.  With the advent of the internet age it can be tempting to simply use the impersonal atmosphere of the web to evangelize and not bring it to the "real world."

And I think Voris' present goal is to arm Catholics with the tools to do so.  Get Catholics, laity and clergy alike excited and passionate about their faith.  He's training an army, so to speak.

That's my take on it, anyways.  That instead of just making videos aimed at non-Catholics, he's working to enkindle some fire and zeal into Catholics so that he's not the only one doing work. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(07-22-2012, 12:00 PM)Aegis Wrote: Michael Voris's zeal, love for souls, and passion for the truth are all commendable. Nonetheless, what is accomplished by videos such as this one? Would anyone who disagreed with him be persuaded or a would a non-Catholic be converted? It is certainly true that the laity ought to make known their needs to the pastors of the Church, but if that is his goal there surely must be more constructive and composed ways of doing so. His rhetoric, however, seems intended to stoke animosity and discontent among those who share his opinions on ecclesiastical matters.

There has got to be a population of NO catholics who know something is terribly wrong yet don't believe what they are actually seeing - these folks who are fence sitters might benefit most from what he is saying, hopefully it'll get them off the fence and on the right path - the rest of us simply enjoy hearing the truth spoke as a means of knowing that we are not crazy.
Good for him.
Indeed, sometimes there are NOers who can see something wrong but are honestly ignorant of the Faith or of the Mass (or of the cause of the Crisis).  I'd point out, as an example, my parents.  Born in the mid-1960s, they were raised as Catholics, but the families went along with the New Mass.  However, they can see something wrong when Fr. Bob preaches about lovey dovey happy huggy crap instead of about sin.  They recognize the need for justice and proper recompense.  They see the shuttering of churches and the dwindling numbers of priests.  But, they haven't (yet) had the rest of the information and the background (namely, why are things like this?). 

So they need someone to show them the way.  This is what Voris is shooting for, I think.