What to eat with this wine?
Hey all!

I have a bottle of Garnacha spanish red wine and I've never had it before. I'd love to make a nice meal to go with it. Does anyone know what would go well with this wine?
A versatile winner, for those who actually like wine.

http://tapenawines.com/garnacha-spanish-wines.html
(07-21-2012, 10:50 AM)kayla_veronica Wrote: I have a bottle of Garnacha spanish red wine and I've never had it before. I'd love to make a nice meal to go with it. Does anyone know what would go well with this wine?

Food.

I have never understood the "this wine goes with this" and "this whiskey is best with this, and it tastes like x, y, and z!". Wine tastes like rotten grape juice, whiskey tastes like bile. And exotic beers taste like crap, while PBR is just fine for my liking. What food does this beer go with? Greasy, fried, and delicious.
(07-21-2012, 10:08 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: I have never understood the "this wine goes with this" and "this whiskey is best with this, and it tastes like x, y, and z!". Wine tastes like rotten grape juice, whiskey tastes like bile. And exotic beers taste like crap, while PBR is just fine for my liking. What food does this beer go with? Greasy, fried, and delicious.

It is presentation.

In double blind studies (or informal tricks), people cannot really tell the difference between expensive high class food and cheap stuff made to look nice.

I saw a good show on food snobbery...

They had people praising the wine and exotic water when it was in fact dollar store wine and tap water served with a hose.
(07-21-2012, 09:16 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 10:50 AM)kayla_veronica Wrote: I have a bottle of Garnacha spanish red wine and I've never had it before. I'd love to make a nice meal to go with it. Does anyone know what would go well with this wine?

Food.

Good food would be better.  :)
:LOL:
(07-21-2012, 10:50 AM)kayla_veronica Wrote: Hey all!

I have a bottle of Garnacha spanish red wine and I've never had it before. I'd love to make a nice meal to go with it. Does anyone know what would go well with this wine?

Oh nice!  I generally just do generic italian food with red wine.

eta: and by "generic" I mean spaghetti or lasagna or pizza with a red sauce.
(07-23-2012, 01:52 AM)Rosarium Wrote: It is presentation.

In double blind studies (or informal tricks), people cannot really tell the difference between expensive high class food and cheap stuff made to look nice.

I saw a good show on food snobbery...

They had people praising the wine and exotic water when it was in fact dollar store wine and tap water served with a hose.

I can believe it, but if you have certain types of things regularly I think it's pretty easy to know what is "good" and what's not.  I can tell the difference between types of red wines, and about how much they cost because I drink red wine.  But I would have no idea about whites, or champagnes etc.

My wife can always taste if I've used a generic soup instead of campbells, even in recipes where the soup is not the main ingredient.  Its sorta creepy so I just get myself the cheap stuff and I get her the name brand.  Weird but true...
Since it's a Spanish wine, why not a nice frittata? Maybe with some spicy sausage, peppers, and olives?