Sunday Mass
When you attend Sunday Mass do you go to a monastey or a paris church? and how does attending Sunday Mass in a monastery differ from attending Sunday Mass in a parish church?
If one were to go to a monastery, there is a higher likelihood, I would think, of a fully chanted, solemn high Mass. This is because there are more clerics, more who can serve, and more cantors. At a typical trad chapel/parish, solemn Masses are rare.
As for assisting at Mass, my home mission is a rented office space, which would be closer to a parish church.  Also, I have been to monastaries and seminaries/convents.
The monastary, especially if Benedictine, Cistercian, etc, would have its own calendar, which means that on cetain days the saint or feast would be different then the local diocese's.  The Mass, if Cistercian or Dominican, etc would be of their own rite, if not NO.  It might just be the insertion of the founder in the confiteor or some more extensive differences.
 This is just a few things.

Joe
(07-21-2012, 06:41 PM)joe17 Wrote: The Mass, if Cistercian or Dominican, etc would be of their own rite, if not NO.
Mass acording to the Cistercian Missal in modern times?

(07-21-2012, 06:37 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: If one were to go to a monastery, there is a higher likelihood, I would think, of a fully chanted, solemn high Mass. This is because there are more clerics, more who can serve, and more cantors. At a typical trad chapel/parish, solemn Masses are rare.
So you'll get a more solemn Liturgy but no church coffe at the monastery... :)
My experience (as a non-Catholic) is that attending Mass at the monastery is a greater experience than doing so in a parish church. I mean, attending Mass  together with monks who sing the full Divine Office and attend daily Mass is really special. Just seeing this people is amazing. I really liked the Sunday Mass at Abtei Mariawald. A parish can never come close to the Trappists, in my opinion.
At the Monastery there will also be Terce before the Mass.
ingenting,

I have heard that Mariawald in Germany was saying the '62 Missal per Summorum Pontificum.  I do not believe that they are saying the Cistercian Rite though. 
A monastary is a very good setting, with the chanting.  Like the choir of angels in Heaven on earth, if you may.
As far as the Cistercian Rite being said,  I heard from a traditional Benedictine priest maybe 10 years ago that at St Josephs' Abbey in Spencer, Massachusetts that there were 4 older monks who said their old rite there.  I don't know if they still are.
  I recall maybe around 2000 seeing an ad in "The Wander" about a Trappist priest in possibly Pennsylvania who was looking to start a traditional Trappist community, old books and all.  I never saw anything else afterwards.
  Let us pray that when order is restored all the beautiful rites will be offered by true priests in the proper fashion.

Joe
(07-21-2012, 10:33 PM)joe17 Wrote: ingenting,

I have heard that Mariawald in Germany was saying the '62 Missal per Summorum Pontificum.  I do not believe that they are saying the Cistercian Rite though. 
In the big church they say the  '62 Missal per Summorum Pontificum but some monks say the NO Mass in a small chapel. It was the most interesting NO Mass I eve attended (although I prefer unity in monasteries)
I've read that the Trappists order never had an own Missal even though the Cistercians had one.

(07-21-2012, 10:33 PM)joe17 Wrote:   I recall maybe around 2000 seeing an ad in "The Wander" about a Trappist priest in possibly Pennsylvania who was looking to start a traditional Trappist community, old books and all.  I never saw anything else afterwards.
  Let us pray that when order is restored all the beautiful rites will be offered by true priests in the proper fashion.

Joe
I invite this monk to Sweden. May he come here and build a traditional monastery. St Berndard, intercede for us!