praying
What are the different results you get when asking the saints to intercede and asking a Priest to offer a Mass for you?
The first result of asking for a Mass is probably the most common one too.  It's the relief in knowing I've done the most powerful thing for my intention. 

Asking the saints' intercession usually results in me wanting to know more about the saints.  In that process there's a lot of humbling to be enjoyed or suffered, depending on the day!
(07-22-2012, 08:13 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: The first result of asking for a Mass is probably the most common one too.  It's the relief in knowing I've done the most powerful thing for my intention. 
???
The Mass is the greatest prayer one can offer. As Mons. Lazo of the Philippines said in his letter to John Paul II,
Quote:The Council of Trent emphasized the reality of the sacrifice of the Mass, which is an unbloody renewal of the bloody sacrifice of Christ on Mount Calvary. "He, therefore, our God and Lord, though He was about to offer Himself once to God the Father upon the altar of the Cross...offered to God the Father His own body and blood under the species of bread and wine...at the last Supper on the night He was betrayed, so that He might leave to His beloved Spouse the Church a visible sacrifice (as nature of man demands), whereby that bloody sacrifice once to be completed on the Cross might be represented..." (Dz. 938).The Mass is also a communion to the sacrifice previously celebrated: a banquet where one eats the immolated Victim of the sacrifice.

Praying for a saint's intercession is good as well.
The Mass has infinite value because both the priest and the victim are Divine.

But God loves us when we do lesser but excellent things too - when we pray to and honor His saints.
(07-22-2012, 10:22 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Praying for a saint's intercession is good as well.
thus we do it at Mass...
Or, during rosary, a Hail Mary, litanies, and so on.