Archbishop Lefebvre on the Crisis in the Church
8 September 1978

Quote:We tremble at the thought that this infiltration of Modernism, of Naturalism, in the Church might continue. The consequences of this veritable cancer are the worst that the Church has had to undergo in her long history, namely: the corruption of the Catholic faith of numerous bishops and of a great number of priests, brothers, and nuns. These churchmen think like Protestants and Modernists: the recently published book Des Evêques disent la foi de l'Eglise catholique (Bishops expound the Faith of the Catholic Church) is yet another proof of this. The concepts of sanctifying grace, of original sin and its consequences, of mortal sin, of the expiatory and satisfactory nature of the Sacrifice of Our Lord continued on our altars, are wholly corrupted.

Here once more are all the errors of Liberalism, Americanism, Sillonism, and Modernism condemned by the Sovereign Pontiffs. Add to these the "Liberation Theology" which is a Marxist interpretation of the Gospel, tantamount to a sacrilegious outrage against Our Lord, and we can hardly be surprised if the patience of God shows signs of running out. Everything around us seems to be collapsing because He has been abandoned Who is the Foundation of all things, the Truth, the Way, and the Life: Our beloved Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.

Confronted with this situation, we are resolved to remain all the more faithful to Our Lord, to His Reign, His Cross, His Sacrifice, His Sacraments, and His Teaching faithfully handed down by the successors of Peter for nearly twenty centuries.

http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/Archbi...ter_26.htm
What's you point mr John Lane?
(07-23-2012, 12:26 PM)Spencer Wrote: What's you point mr John Lane?
It's self evident.

"The consequences of this veritable cancer are the worst that the Church has had to undergo in her long history, namely: the corruption of the Catholic faith of numerous bishops and of a great number of priests, brothers, and nuns. These churchmen think like Protestants and Modernists: the recently published book Des Evêques disent la foi de l'Eglise catholique (Bishops expound the Faith of the Catholic Church) is yet another proof of this. The concepts of sanctifying grace, of original sin and its consequences, of mortal sin, of the expiatory and satisfactory nature of the Sacrifice of Our Lord continued on our altars, are wholly corrupted."

This was in 1978, it is now 2012 and we are still seeing this travesty in the Church. Just take a look at the top prelates.

Good post John Lane
I 2nd that, good post Mr. John Lane.
(07-23-2012, 02:19 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: This was in 1978, it is now 2012 and we are still seeing this travesty in the Church. Just take a look at the top prelates.

Good post John Lane

Yes, good post.

I agree, things are worse now than back then - and it was pretty bad back then. I remember when trads were thinking the end of the world, literally, was at hand.

It's worse now if for no other reason than people, instead of condemning the rot, filth and disasters wrought via the NO, have come to accept it.
Its worse today because the patients are running the asylum.
(07-23-2012, 03:14 PM)Stubborn Wrote: I agree, things are worse now than back then - and it was pretty bad back then. I remember when trads were thinking the end of the world, literally, was at hand.

It's worse now if for no other reason than people, instead of condemning the rot, filth and disasters wrought via the NO, have come to accept it.

That's right.  There's this weird mind-bending that has occurred, in which the crisis has become the new "normal", with the inevitable effect that all judgements are distorted. 
(07-23-2012, 03:14 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 02:19 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: This was in 1978, it is now 2012 and we are still seeing this travesty in the Church. Just take a look at the top prelates.

Good post John Lane

Yes, good post.

I agree, things are worse now than back then - and it was pretty bad back then. I remember when trads were thinking the end of the world, literally, was at hand.

Amen!