Schizophrenic USCCB per Voris
Ggreg in another thread said this isn't the chastisement but the rebellion which preceeds it. Here's the proof.

This is the stuff that comes to my mind when anyone says so and so the Bishop of Sillyvile USA is a good solid Bishop and could be the Pope.  Yeah when pigs fly.

tim
I take USCCB publications with a grain of salt, or more. I'm still pretty shocked at this news, however. I thought Catholic Relief Services was a good charity until now.
I don't say this hoping others will come to the same opinion. I don't trust any of them anymore. I am sticking to what I was taught before Vatican II and I'm avoiding anything which contradicts it or seeks to explain the things I am not equipped to understand. This is not just the Diocesan Priests, but even SSPX or FSSP or anyone. I await the solution which surely will come from Almighty God, because I see no solution coming otherwise. Sorry.

tim 
2.58 he says: ".....this whole embarrassing, scandalous episode, which the folks in Rome have become aware of...."

Unfortunately, Rome may be a lot of things, but whoever believes that Rome is so stupid as to not know what's going on - I have a bridge spanning over the lovely river Kwai I'd like to sell them.
Quote:Unfortunately, Rome may be a lot of things, but whoever believes that Rome is so stupid as to not know what's going on - I have a bridge spanning over the lovely river Kwai I'd like to sell them.

Of course they are not aware. They simply have no idea of the last 45 years, and those darned liberals in the Curia won't let any good happen. Didn't you get that memo?

However, when a 70+ year old archbishop, a man commended by numerous popes, a missionary, papal representative for all Francophone Africa, and former Superior General of a major religious order wants to continue to run his seminary (Écône) in the same way all seminaries were run, the Vatican is so quick to drop the hammer. Ten years later, look at what happened when he wanted to consecrate a bishop who would continue his work.
I am glad that Voris is realizing that the USCCB is a joke. There is no good reason for it to exist whatsoever.

However, he is a bit generous by intimating that the fault may lie with various liberal lay staffers. To assume that the Bishops do not know and are not responsible is naive. They are responsible. They know.
The USCCB has no standing in the Church, it's not the American Curia, it's a Saul Alinsky inspired "organization". Bye bye USCCB.

tim
Scroll down for CRS' explanation of their funding practices. For some reason, I'm reminded of the excuses United Way gave years ago when people complained of local chapters funding homosexual and abortion rights causes, among other objectionable things.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/07...on-to.html
(07-23-2012, 05:00 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
Quote:Unfortunately, Rome may be a lot of things, but whoever believes that Rome is so stupid as to not know what's going on - I have a bridge spanning over the lovely river Kwai I'd like to sell them.

Of course they are not aware. They simply have no idea of the last 45 years, and those darned liberals in the Curia won't let any good happen. Didn't you get that memo?

However, when a 70+ year old archbishop, a man commended by numerous popes, a missionary, papal representative for all Francophone Africa, and former Superior General of a major religious order wants to continue to run his seminary (Écône) in the same way all seminaries were run, the Vatican is so quick to drop the hammer. Ten years later, look at what happened when he wanted to consecrate a bishop who would continue his work.

:LOL:  This!
Here is an interesting take on the USCCB:

http://skellmeyer.blogspot.com/2011/03/s...usccb.html