A Fresh Attack on the SSPX (Western Catholic Reporter, Canada)
(07-25-2012, 12:54 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(07-25-2012, 12:33 PM)Melkite Wrote: So, you think the Vatican gets it wrong when they say non-Catholics can be saved, but the Vatican is right when they say the SSPX isn't schismatic?  I don't see how they aren't, they pay lip service to submission to Rome but their actions often refuse that submission.

If they say non-Catholics (heretics, schismatics, apostates) can be saved, then it wouldn't really matter what they say about a small, Swiss based congregation of priests. Right?

I acknowledge that there are some glaring problems with the SSPX position - thus, I am not an SSPXer.

This post (and my post immediately following it) sum up my views on the situation.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33761713

Yes, if the Vatican now is right that non-Catholics can be saved, then being schismatic doesn't not absolutely condemn the SSPX, depending upon the reason for their schism.

I think I agree with you about the FSSP and SSPX.  I have been having that feeling for a while but didn't know how to put it to words.  Thank you for posting the link.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Fresh Attack on the SSPX (Western Catholic Reporter, Canada) - by Melkite - 07-25-2012, 03:29 PM