Bp WIlliamson July 29 column
(08-04-2012, 09:09 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I admire your respect for a man of the cloth.

I don''t know what to think about that remark. By the way you "respect" the Pope, I'll take it as a complement.
I guess.
(08-04-2012, 09:26 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 09:09 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I admire your respect for a man of the cloth.

I don''t know what to think about that remark. By the way you "respect" the Pope, I'll take it as a complement.
I guess.

Do I disrespect him? Do you honestly know or even want to know my views about Benedict XVI? As a Catholic, I am required to flee heresy to the best of my ability, not to sugar coat it.
(08-04-2012, 09:26 PM)Cooler King Wrote:

I guess.

In any event, you didn't address what you said about a consecrated bishop. Don't be one of these guys:
[Image: 291dikw.jpg]

Benedict XVI said that Richard Williamson was "never Catholic in the proper sense" because he converted from Anglicanism to the SSPX. "That means that he has never lived in the great Church." You affirm this. This is in spite of the fact that 1. Richard N. Williamson did directly convert to Catholicism via the SSPX and 2. Even if he did, the Society of Saint Pius X was fully approved until 1974. So even if he did go straight to Écône, it wouldn't matter, and he would have went to the "great Church" Benedict XVI speaks of.
The above line "1. Richard N. Williamson did directly convert to Catholicism via the SSPX" should read "1. Richard N. Williamson did not directly convert to Catholicism via the SSPX." My apologies.