NFL plans female referee
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/n...e-referee/

this is something the SSPX boycotts sports when it occurs. 

Also does this go against St Paul's saying that women should have no control over men?
(08-07-2012, 12:05 PM)a83192 Wrote: this is something the SSPX boycotts sports when it occurs.

Do they?  SSPX-related groups have done that when it involved female PLAYERS, I know.  But the reasoning there doesn't really translate to female refs.

Quote:Also does this go against St Paul's saying that women should have no control over men?

I doubt St. Paul meant that to apply to refereeing games.

I don't see how one could make a good moral objection to this.  It's still a terrible idea though.  This is a men's activity, and that brings with it a certain dynamic.  It only makes sense that men also coach and referee it to preserve that in the entire execution of the sport.  Frankly, I don't even like women sports reporters for men's sports.  It just doesn't seem to fit, somehow.
(08-07-2012, 12:05 PM)a83192 Wrote: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/n...e-referee/

this is something the SSPX boycotts sports when it occurs. 

Also does this go against St Paul's saying that women should have no control over men?

Knowing nothing about American football, I cannot comment on its impact on the sport itself, but from a religious standpoint . . . I am not understanding why having a woman calling plays is bad, nor why a group such as the SSPX would hypothetically want to boycott such.  Care to elaborate further?

As far as your reference to St. Paul (for which a reference would be helpful), wouldn't this then also prohibit girls from playing games such as "Mother May I?" or "Simon Says" with boys?  Since both these and football are games voluntarily entered into?
I believe he is ribbing the SSPX. Having played semi-pro American Football for nearly ten years, I'd say hit the road babay. It's just more rear guard action after the total victory of communist feminism. Today even a bastion of neanderthals just like me capitulate to the silliness. What they couldn't get was one of the young girls to bulk up and be able to play against 300 lb. guys that can do 100 yards in 9.5 seconds. F=M x a, would kill the woman player.

tim 
Considering there are times when referees get bowled over by players, a woman probably shouldn't be out there as a referee.  Maybe a line judge...
Its pragmatically awful at least. I await the moral debate that ensues. I would say just like any other career or job a female could have it is moral insofar as it is necessary and doesn't detract from raising children and keeping a home
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
The worst part is that she's refereeing the Packers game.  At least it's preseason...
So there's doing to be another person on the field wearing pads?

American football is weak. Rugby and Aussie Rules is where it's at.
Chris, the reason why networks use girl sideline reporters is because they know an athlete will talk to Erin Andrews or Inés Saenz before Stuart Scott.

I don't know why a woman would want to ref an NFL game anyway. The money?
(08-07-2012, 02:11 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Chris, the reason why networks use girl sideline reporters is because they know an athlete will talk to Erin Andrews or Inés Saenz before Stuart Scott.

I don't know why a woman would want to ref an NFL game anyway. The money?

Lesbians, brah.  Lesbians.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.