NFL plans female referee
It's just stupid. It's like modern women have to go out and prove "anything you can do I can do better."

Just look at the girl Olympic weightlifters.
(08-07-2012, 02:54 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Just look at the girl Olympic weightlifters.

Ah hell nah.
(08-07-2012, 02:56 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 02:54 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Just look at the girl Olympic weightlifters.

Ah hell nah.

Agreed. I'd like to be able to keep food down today.
LOL

It illustrates my point.
SSPX in 2008 boycotted a basketball game in St Mary's KS because of a female ref.
(08-07-2012, 02:11 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Chris, the reason why networks use girl sideline reporters is because they know an athlete will talk to Erin Andrews or Inés Saenz before Stuart Scott.

I don't know why a woman would want to ref an NFL game anyway. The money?
Why not?  There are plenty of women who love of sports, some of whom likely know more about the rules of the game than a casual, male fan who might aspire towards the same job.  Though I would imagine anyone doing it -- man or woman -- is at least partially in it for the money.

(Overlooking the first half of your post, since the behaviour you mention seems nonsensical to me, but pursuing that topic would derail the thread.)
Will she be allowed to wear "ref pants"?  If so then this is wrong. She should have ankle length "ref dress".

Really, truly, this whole issue rests on the decision as to whether she will be wearing pants.  After they decide that I will weigh in.
"Why not" isn't really an argument. People can have varying interests, but I see this as part of the general trend since the 1960s to eliminate gender roles. Or say that they are "social constructs."
(08-07-2012, 12:50 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Considering there are times when referees get bowled over by players, a woman probably shouldn't be out there as a referee.  Maybe a line judge...

Perhaps up in the instant replay booth as well.  Given my wife's eye for detail, she'd make a great person to spot things on the film.
(08-07-2012, 05:14 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 12:50 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Considering there are times when referees get bowled over by players, a woman probably shouldn't be out there as a referee.  Maybe a line judge...

Perhaps up in the instant replay booth as well.  Given my wife's eye for detail, she'd make a great person to spot things on the film.

My love, I would have absolutely 0 desire to do any such thing.  While I have an eye for detail when it comes to grading, household matters, and finances, I know next to nothing about football and would prefer to remain ignorant.  I have no idea why any woman would want to become a referee at all.  There are certainly more lady-like professions.