NFL plans female referee
Flag on the field! What's the call? Wait... these uniform colors clash? uhhh, Jim, is that... no.. that's not in the rulebook.
Big deal...women have been refs in basketball games for years.

Scandalous. And I bet she will wear pants as well.

Glad I don't bother with football anymore.

What on earth is it with women wearing pants being an issue here?

Is it a running joke or are y'all serious?
(08-07-2012, 05:18 PM)Fontevrault Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 05:14 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 12:50 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Considering there are times when referees get bowled over by players, a woman probably shouldn't be out there as a referee.  Maybe a line judge...

Perhaps up in the instant replay booth as well.  Given my wife's eye for detail, she'd make a great person to spot things on the film.

My love, I would have absolutely 0 desire to do any such thing.  While I have an eye for detail when it comes to grading, household matters, and finances, I know next to nothing about football and would prefer to remain ignorant.  I have no idea why any woman would want to become a referee at all.  There are certainly more lady-like professions.

This is such a womanly answer.  I love it!
(08-07-2012, 05:19 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: Flag on the field! What's the call? Wait... these uniform colors clash? uhhh, Jim, is that... no.. that's not in the rulebook.

Lol
(08-07-2012, 06:40 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: Is it a running joke or are y'all serious?

Yes.
(08-07-2012, 07:11 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 06:40 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: Is it a running joke or are y'all serious?

Yes.

This would make much more sense if I had a few PBR's in me. Big Grin
(08-07-2012, 05:33 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Big deal...women have been refs in basketball games for years.

In the NBA? I hardly watch NBA any more; I stick to college basketball.

Cgraye, I hate women sports reporters too. It's like they choose only women with the most grating and annoying voice to interview players. And don't even get me started on girl commentators in mens sports.
(08-07-2012, 07:11 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

Yes.

Having been a reader of this forum for years, I think some ARE serious.

HE Williamson certainly wouldn't approve on both counts, pants and reffing.