Cooking Rice
Adorable cat, Jake!  My mom's cats don't have the white, and are short hair.  Gotta love all orange tabbies though.  :)
(08-28-2012, 07:42 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: Adorable cat, Jake!  My mom's cats don't have the white, and are short hair.  Gotta love all orange tabbies though.   :)

I had a short haired orange tabby named Marmalade.  He was a way cool cat!
(08-25-2012, 12:46 PM)jake-the-rake Wrote:
(08-25-2012, 03:39 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: And give the tabby cat some love for me.  Those are the best cats -- my mother has two big red guys. 

Ciao again OCLittleFlower, here's the monster - Tiger Tim - but mostly Timmy

[Image: P1000006.gif]

and here he is banging his head against a packet of Carnaroli rice.

[Image: ricecat.jpg]

You wasted the name Timothy on a cat?!??!!?!??

Words fail me.  :confused:
(08-28-2012, 10:03 PM)DrBombay Wrote: You wasted the name Timothy on a cat?!??!!?!??

Words fail me.   :confused:

In my long career, I've wasted a lot of good names on animals. Butch, Willie, Toby, Daisy, (dogs) Jeremy, Lucy, Mr. Blackstone, (cats) Ariel (duck).

The monster's real name was Tiger Tim... but Timmy is what stuck.

Here's a list of the most popular cat names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_cat...ted_States

The winners are Kitty, Tiger and Max.
(08-29-2012, 05:03 AM)jake-the-rake Wrote: In my long career, I've wasted a lot of good names on animals. Butch, Willie, Toby, Daisy, (dogs) Jeremy, Lucy, Mr. Blackstone, (cats) Ariel (duck).

My oldest niece named her cat an odd cat name. The name is in fact the name of a "new baby" post on this forum rather recently, which is funny, because it is not an entirely common name, and I am used to it be the name of a cat.

My niece from my other sister has a cat named "Kitty". You can tell which sister has the conventional kids.

(08-28-2012, 10:03 PM)DrBombay Wrote: You wasted the name Timothy on a cat?!??!!?!??
Yes, now, that name cannot be used again.

Quote:Words fail me.   :confused:
That makes sense. They were all used up. Right?!

(08-29-2012, 05:03 AM)jake-the-rake Wrote:

Words fail me.   :confused:

In my long career, I've wasted a lot of good names on animals. Butch, Willie, Toby, Daisy, (dogs) Jeremy, Lucy, Mr. Blackstone, (cats) Ariel (duck).

Ah yes, Timmy.  Very good.  Carry on then.  :tiphat:
(08-29-2012, 09:09 AM)Rosarium Wrote:

:bronxcheer:
(08-29-2012, 09:31 AM)DrBombay Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 09:09 AM)Rosarium Wrote:

:bronxcheer:

I think I am getting the hang of communicating with you.

It is harder than most natural languages, and all formal language, but I am getting there.
Ciao Rosarium,

I just came back from a funeral... The erstwhile local parish priest, Don Valentino died. He would not have been popular here among Traditional Caths, having been - undoubtedly in good faith - more of a politician than a man of the cloth.

[Image: bakeca.jpg]

The church was filled beyond capacity and I heard the eulogy booming out to the piazza... which was all about his love of equality and social justice and respect for diversity. And hardly any talk about good, evil, eternal souls... Very depressing. It could've been a politician speaking.

Years ago poor old Don Valentino caused a bit of a scandal when he offered the refectory for the local Muslim community's pantagruelian Ramadam feasts.

Anyhow, back to cats... and then back to rice

Here is Timmy again... (I have no Idea what Dr.Bombay is harping about)

[Image: lazycat.jpg]

Maybe I'll call him Emperor Agisdrubulus...

...and feed him risotto con frutti di mare...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0b0mm8NQs8g23RsOLKO2...9tcQ8g&t=1]