Cooking Rice
(09-05-2012, 08:58 PM)Tim Wrote: Thai Basil and ground cat over white rice, anyone ?

tim

Ewww, Tim!!  :LOL: 

I prefer basmati rice. I also enjoy jasmine rice. The other day I experimented and cooked my rice in chicken broth with fresh rosemary herb. About half way through I stirred in a fair amount of lemon pepper. It is now one of my new favorite ways to eat rice.
For those that didn't get it I was being a sarcastic scorch.

Jen try this it's Italo-Americani delish. Saute a medium onion in butter, when soft add rice, even regular long grain, cook rice for a couple minutes, until well coated and sort of changing color slightly, add chicken stock and flat parsley pieces, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower and simmer for twenty minutes covered. Very tasty. 

tim
(09-06-2012, 09:15 AM)Tim Wrote: For those that didn't get it I was being a sarcastic scorch.

Great.

Now, how do I ungrind this cat?
Rosey, that is way way funnier.

tim
(09-06-2012, 09:38 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 09:15 AM)Tim Wrote: For those that didn't get it I was being a sarcastic scorch.

Great.

:O :LOL:

Great.

I'll tell you that when you tell me how to clean off my computer screen. :)
(09-06-2012, 02:02 PM)Joamy Wrote:

Great.

I'll tell you that when you tell me how to clean off my computer screen. :)

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/maintenanc...screen.htm

Now, back to rice!

I put some rice and lentils in the cooker. First time doing a combination.

Decided to try a 1:1 ratio.

This better go well.
(09-06-2012, 03:43 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Now, back to rice!

I put some rice and lentils in the cooker. First time doing a combination.

Decided to try a 1:1 ratio.

This better go well.

My question should probably go to the bean thread, but do you soak the lentils before you cook them? 
Lentils need only be rinsed and they cook at a simmer in 45 minutes. In the fall and winter I make a whole lot of different Minestra(s). It's an Italian Bean and Greens thicker soup. Lentils is a particular favorite of my extended family. It's quick and hearty with a salad and crusty rustic bread and butter, with Peccorino sprinkled on the Minestra.

tim .