Église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet
(08-10-2012, 09:23 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: Link to the story:

http://www.tmmoreau.com/nicolas.html

Excerpt:

“Every Sunday, Monseigneur had 5,000 people here in St. Nicolas, and if they were forced to leave this church, they would just go to another church and takeover that one. Officials understood it would be the same problem, so they understood it was best to keep silent about our action. So they decided to do nothing, to leave us here.”

And even if the diocese wanted to take back St. Nicolas, on principle, it wouldn’t work, Lorber says. The diocese wouldn’t be able to occupy all the churches. They don’t have enough faithful who attend Mass......

Nah, there are far more practicing "Novus Ordo" Catholics in Paris than SSPX. Our hostel was around the corner from a popular church that had about 800 on Sunday, and that was one of five Masses. The SSPX are all just concentrated at St Nicholas. Apparently attendance has fallen down to 4000 now that the SSPX has opened up more Mass centres in the suburbs (according to a young priest posted in Australia who grew up in the parish).
(08-10-2012, 11:11 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 10:30 AM)ingenting Wrote: 2. Is this a good thing to do? If so, I would like to occupy Storkyrkan in Stockholm

It would be an entirely different situation. In the St-Nicolas case, it was Catholics occupying a Catholic Church which legally belongs to the State. In the Storkyrkan case, it would be Catholics occupying a protestant church (albeit stolen from the Church at the protestant Deformation) which belongs to the Church of Sweden.
may St George convert the Protestants, non-catholics (like me) and modernistic Catholics so we can make this church what it once was.
(08-11-2012, 01:26 PM)ingenting Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 11:11 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 10:30 AM)ingenting Wrote: 2. Is this a good thing to do? If so, I would like to occupy Storkyrkan in Stockholm

It would be an entirely different situation. In the St-Nicolas case, it was Catholics occupying a Catholic Church which legally belongs to the State. In the Storkyrkan case, it would be Catholics occupying a protestant church (albeit stolen from the Church at the protestant Deformation) which belongs to the Church of Sweden.
may St George convert the Protestants, non-catholics (like me) and modernistic Catholics so we can make this church what it once was.

St Anskar, Apostle of the North, pray for all of Scandinavia that the nations you were instrumental in converting may return to the Holy Catholic Church! :pray:

Excerpt:

“Every Sunday, Monseigneur had 5,000 people here in St. Nicolas, and if they were forced to leave this church, they would just go to another church and takeover that one. Officials understood it would be the same problem, so they understood it was best to keep silent about our action. So they decided to do nothing, to leave us here.”

And even if the diocese wanted to take back St. Nicolas, on principle, it wouldn’t work, Lorber says. The diocese wouldn’t be able to occupy all the churches. They don’t have enough faithful who attend Mass......

I seem to recall some threat of a bigger and more prominent church being "annexed" should the state turn them out of St. Nicolas.  That might be rumor though . . . 
(08-11-2012, 09:18 PM)Fontevrault Wrote:

Excerpt:

I seem to recall some threat of a bigger and more prominent church being "annexed" should the state turn them out of St. Nicolas.  That might be rumor though . . . 

The threat--probably impracticable--is that the traditionalists will take over the Notre Dame if the state were ever to try to evict the fraternity. Even to this day, there are priests assigned to nightwatch at the church to protect it in case the state or the diocese were to try to reclaim it. I've never asked any of the priests what the relationship with the city is as far as general maintenance goes. The upside of the state owning all the churches is that it pays for their upkeep and reconstruction. There has been a longstanding fundraising effort to raise something on the order of 100,000 euros for the repair of the organ.
(08-12-2012, 10:08 AM)St. Drogo Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 09:18 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: I seem to recall some threat of a bigger and more prominent church being "annexed" should the state turn them out of St. Nicolas.  That might be rumor though . . . 

The threat--probably impracticable--is that the traditionalists will take over the Notre Dame if the state were ever to try to evict the fraternity. Even to this day, there are priests assigned to nightwatch at the church to protect it in case the state or the diocese were to try to reclaim it. I've never asked any of the priests what the relationship with the city is as far as general maintenance goes. The upside of the state owning all the churches is that it pays for their upkeep and reconstruction. There has been a longstanding fundraising effort to raise something on the order of 100,000 euros for the repair of the organ.

That is what I heard but I wasn't totally sure of its veracity.  I personally think it would ROCK to have them take over Notre Dame...