Contradictions of the modern popes
(08-16-2012, 10:38 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 08:53 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 04:08 PM)TrentCath Wrote: Perhaps but you certainly do not help me by taking part in this ridiculous 'pile on trentcath' nonsense orchestrated only by those who disagree with me and who have from the very beginning of this thread [...].

I think this is called playing the victim. You started this thread and instigated the response you received; now, you see it as "pile on trentcath."

I think you are making the opposition less likely to accept the evidence by approaching it in such a confrontational way. It makes it appear as though you are looking for a fight and think everyone who disagrees is simply ridiculous. That is why I think it is best for you to approach it in a less condescending and "if you don't accept this you're ridiculous" attitude. That may very well be true, but accusing your opponent of that from the get-go is only going to accomplish the exact opposite of what you intend. Humbly remind yourself that when your opponent disagrees it may be a fault of your own--that you weren't clear, that you didn't present enough context, or that you didn't lay out your argument well enough--rather than blindness, dishonesty, or ill-will on their part.

I have had my fair share of run-arounds with JayneK, Parmandur, and others here. They have been pressed in this manner before and it only makes them less likely to change their minds. As wrong as I think this is for them to do, most people react this way to being approached in the way you are approaching them here. Present the evidence and let God do the rest. That is all you are obligated to do. You cannot force them to accept the evidence if they are unwilling to do so.

I'm sorry but none of this applies to the case here, the faults were not mine, the faults were their own obstinancy amongst other things. But whatever, I'm not particularly fussed about the whole thing.

You are, as always, blameless and white as the pure driven snow.
(08-16-2012, 05:51 PM)TrentCath Wrote: Nope because you claim things that arent true, such as the real issue being addressed and me refusing to discourse about it, you're a liar.

:eyeroll:

Sure.  That's how it is.  You are always right, those who disagree with you must be lying.
The fanatism and stubborn 'hey wanna pick a fight' mentality in this topic is so dominant, that nobody even wants to think about the topic as such.  :crazy:

And mr TrentCath, look in the mirror: what do you think others here (including me) think about the SSPX when the society is linked with this kind of theoligical street fighting? Consider the possiblity that the impression could arise that we cannot have a normal conversation with SSPX people? Too much fanatism gives the SSPX a bad name. People might think "it look so holy when we attend Mass, but inderneath i's a community of insulting, yelling, hammering, fanatic people"! Not to say what less balanced people might think.

In the end it's all a waste of energy, your whole topic. You'd better used that time for praying.

May I ask you: what theoligical studies did you make? Do you have a PhD or so?
(08-16-2012, 09:14 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 04:16 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Jayne will, based on past behavior, really regret having goaded you, and publicly apologize. 

Busted.  I was goading him, wasn't I?  Thanks for calling me on this. This behaviour is really seriously wrong.  Basically, it is being an accessory to sin.  I have to publicly apologize and go to Confession.

I am very sorry, TrentCath.  Please forgive me.

Eh, no problem.  I am guilty of the same thing.
(08-17-2012, 02:18 AM)Parmandur Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 05:51 PM)TrentCath Wrote: Nope because you claim things that arent true, such as the real issue being addressed and me refusing to discourse about it, you're a liar.

:eyeroll:

Sure.  That's how it is.  You are always right, those who disagree with you must be lying.

Paradamur considering the tone to which this thread has sunk, at least partially due to my fault, I see little point in continuing
(08-17-2012, 02:19 AM)kingofspades Wrote: The fanatism and stubborn 'hey wanna pick a fight' mentality in this topic is so dominant, that nobody even wants to think about the topic as such.  :crazy:

And mr TrentCath, look in the mirror: what do you think others here (including me) think about the SSPX when the society is linked with this kind of theoligical street fighting? Consider the possiblity that the impression could arise that we cannot have a normal conversation with SSPX people? Too much fanatism gives the SSPX a bad name. People might think "it look so holy when we attend Mass, but inderneath i's a community of insulting, yelling, hammering, fanatic people"! Not to say what less balanced people might think.

In the end it's all a waste of energy, your whole topic. You'd better used that time for praying.

At the end of the day Father rather than address the facts you must sidestep the real issue and make continuous ad hominems and actual slanders, you cannot for example tar the entire Sspx as being shouting, angry people.
(08-17-2012, 07:05 AM)TrentCath Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 02:19 AM)kingofspades Wrote: ...

At the end of the day Father rather than address the facts you must sidestep the real issue and make continuous ad hominems and actual slanders, you cannot for example tar the entire Sspx as being shouting, angry people.

You can help to take away the prejudice?

To get the proper feeling about your posts, it's helpful to know what your theological background is?
(08-17-2012, 07:34 AM)kingofspades Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 07:05 AM)TrentCath Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 02:19 AM)kingofspades Wrote: ...

You can help to take away the prejudice?

To get the proper feeling about your posts, it's helpful to know what your theological background is?

Sorry Fr but it's clear that you are just on here to convert people and trip them up. I'm not engaging in conversation with you any longer.
(08-17-2012, 07:55 AM)TrentCath Wrote: Sorry Fr but it's clear that you are just on here to convert people and trip them up. I'm not engaging in conversation with you any longer.

Sorry mr TrentCath, but I hope this reaction of running away is not typical for the SSPX, because in that case Abp Müller and the Ecclesia Dei commission have no longer a job to do for them, and in that case your future is of course outside the Church of Rome. If you're fine with that, a pity of course, but it's up to them.

I am here to learn a lot about what traditional views are, but unfortunately I see a lot of blind fanatism. Not very inspiring, I must admit.  :crazy:
(08-17-2012, 08:06 AM)kingofspades Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 07:55 AM)TrentCath Wrote: Sorry Fr but it's clear that you are just on here to convert people and trip them up. I'm not engaging in conversation with you any longer.

Sorry mr TrentCath, but I hope this reaction of running away is not typical for the SSPX, because in that case Abp Müller and the Ecclesia Dei commission have no longer a job to do for them, and in that case your future is of course outside the Church of Rome. If you're fine with that, a pity of course, but it's up to them.

I am here to learn a lot about what traditional views are, but unfortunately I see a lot of blind fanatism. Not very inspiring, I must admit.  :crazy:

You are just proving my point Fr I'm afraid.