Greed rears its ugly face
This will make all you righteously angry.  We all know Cardinal Dolan invited the principal agent of Satan to dinner whom we need not need to mention by name.  Indignation from all quarters of the Catholic world rose up and begged, cajoled and implored the "good" cardinal to dis-invite Obama for very obvious reasons.  Well. Dolan true to USCCB form issued the usual poor and lame excuse (this is not political, etc., ad absurdum -- http://blog.archny.org/index.php/al-smit...ment-68434).   

Now we find out that this prestigious annual Catholic function is not really what it claims and promotes to be -- essentially a Catholic only affair.  As a matter of fact it is also a pro-choice affair and one blog reports that ... read on:

http://prolifecorner.com/al-smith-dinner...ion-group/

Quote:Al Smith Dinner Willing To Accept Pro-Abortion Group
Posted on August 14, 2012 by Editor
Rockford, Il – (ProLifeCorner.com) – 8 14-2012 – by Rockford Pro-Life Initiative -Al Smith Foundation is happy to include a pro-abortion group table and take their $25,000.  Sadly, with the permission of Cardinal Dolan, the 67th Annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York is honoring the most radical pro-abortion president in American history.

Update: New Sting

In an effort to see how accepting the Al Smith Dinner really is of the “pro-choice” message,  an email was sent to the organizers of the dinner from a fictitious “pro-choice” minister thanking them for moving beyond abortion politics and offering to back-up this “pro-choice” support by purchasing a table for the Al Smith Dinner that could cost as much as $25,000.

It was hoped this offer of big money, from a clearly identifiable pro-abortion group, would be turned down.

But in New York it seems that money talks, even if it is being offered to a Catholic organization by a pro-child killing group.

In a response to the pro-abortion email sent to the Al Smith Dinner, a reply email was sent directly from a representative of the Al Smith Dinner thanking the pro-abortion group for “the kind words” and expressing a clear willingness to have a table from a pro-abortion group at the Al Smith Dinner.

It is a bitter pill to swallow to realize that many in the Church turn a blind eye to abortion when prestige, power, acceptance by the culture, and big money are involved.

In 2004, the US Conference of Catholic Bishops issued a statement on “Catholics in Political Life.”  It said:  “The Catholic community and Catholic institutions should not honor those who act in defiance of our fundamental moral principles.  They should not be given awards, honors or platforms which would suggest support for their actions.”

When Obama spoke at the 2008 Al Smith dinner he said:  “Contrary to the rumors that you’ve heard, I was not born in a manger.”  And:  “If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility.”  “Greatest weakness?  It’s possible that I am a little too awesome.”

Even if these comments were meant to be amusing they are certainly not respectful of Christianity and clearly show his arrogance.

Some argue that money is raised by this dinner to help the poor.  Blessed John Paul the Great said:  “You cannot do good with one hand and evil with the other.,”  Obama’s position on abortion was known in 2008 and he should not have been invited then.  Obama has since attacked pro-life citizens labeling them terrorists, shut down Catholic Charities in Illinois, shredded the Constitution on freedom of religion and currently is forcing a government takeover of health care, read here socialized medicine.  In short, he is the enemy of freedom and religion.  To invite Obama to this dinner would be the same as if the Jews were to have invited Hitler to a fundraising dinner in the late 30’s.  Judas sold out Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.  The only difference with the Al Smith dinner is the current rate of exchange.

Update: New Sting

Purpose Of Al Smith Dinner Is Flawed

http://prolifecorner.com/purpose-of-al-s...-is-flawed

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

To: “alsmithfoundation@archny.org”
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 1:25 PM
Subject: Ticket information

Dear Al Smith Dinner,

I am writing to inquire about reserving a table at the 67th Annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner on Thursday, October 18, 2012
at the Waldorf Astoria.

If spaces are still available we would like to reserve a table for ten or twelve people for the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice.

Could you let me know if this can be done by credit card on the Internet or over the phone.

You have our full support in the invitation issued to President Obama and we want to financially show our support for this decision to move past the corrosive political fighting that often accompanies the issue of reproductive choice.  We stand with you.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on October 18.

Rev. Susan Beil

coalitionforchoice@ymail.com

http://rcrc.org/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To: ‘Susan Beil’
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 7:10 PM
Subject: RE: Ticket information

Hi Rev. Beil,

Thank you so much for your email and your kind words.  Tickets to the event are $2,500 each and tables start at $25,000.  If you are still interested please send me your mailing address and I can send you an invitation when they go out in late August.

Many thanks,

Meghan

In bed with the devil, or what is it called?

I'm disgusted but not surprised. Cardinal Dolan is a joke. The whole HHS mandate lawsuit is just smoke and means zilch.
Gives new meaning to the words..."The smoke of Satan has entered the Church."

(08-16-2012, 12:18 AM)Spooky Wrote: I'm disgusted but not surprised. Cardinal  Dolan is a joke. The whole HHS mandate lawsuit is just smoke and means zilch.

THIS.  :angrywom: Yeah I kinda sniffed this one out when I saw Voris a while back bitching about him having some lesbo get up and talk at St. Francis Xavier when he was just an Archbishop in New York.

Pushing Cardinal Dolan to one side, and that's be a feat, how can any organization follow Catholic Teachings and promote them when the entire apparatus and most of the pewsitters are as goofy as this ? He who will not be named is as wise as the serpent he worships. He wanted to strike at the money that goes to the Church by removing the tax break for charity for those that make over 250k, and for those that don't know these are the folks which give big to charities. As they get richer they then somehow forget, but your basic new upper middle class are the engine. The Prez. failed , but this HHS Mandatum is the stroke of brilliance, he'll split the Church, and George Soros who has said he'd wants to see these changes in moral teachings, will be happy.

Now I am worried again, is this fight for religious liberty, and not for the real reason of immorality, just a ruse, where the malcontents whether liberal or neo-con, and I mean political affiliation, get their way. Will the Church in America by default now "canonize" the "pill" after this ?  Will American Catholics get exactly what they want when they rejected Humanae Vitae. It sure as shit appears to be that way right now. There is no way this isn't directly an attack from Lucifer.

tim