Oh No!!! Modernists take aim at Old Roman Missal
Revised Traditional Missal Planned for Next Summer in Rome?
This is a translation from the usually well-informed German summorumpontificum.de, who says that their own well-informed source has some information about the new Missal, which was coupled with their announcement of the good news of the formal recognition of Papa Stronsay at the Diocese of Aberdeen in Scottland.

The less good news is that the work on "a new edition of the Old Missal" has so far progressed enough that it will be published next summer so that it can be used in 2013.  The key points of alteration:

-  Allowance of the usage of new prefaces for all feasts, which correspond to the Novus Ordo prefaces;

- General allowance of the Traditional Mass to be celebrated "versus populum";

- Permission to say the Liturgy of the Word in the language of the people [which facilitates the use of the Cramner table];

The desire for "liturgical engineering" in the appropriate Vatican authorities therefore seems unchanged -- at least in so far as it relates to a direction "away from Tradition".
How odd. Who will use this? The FSSP's charism is specifically to offer the Mass and Sacraments using the pre-VII missal.

Maybe it's for conservative Novus Ordo Catholics to be able to move a little closer to tradition while still saving face by being obedient to the changes and staying up to date and relevant and all that stuff.  What a complicated church we have.
They are playing games with the traditional Latin Mass like they have done with the Novus Ordo constantly
Yeah, it sounds like, "Novus Ordo: the Prequel"  :LOL:

I think if it persuades Novus Ordo Catholics to come toward tradition a bit more and displaces regular NO Masses, then that's good.  If bishops use it to pressure regular diocesan priests to drop their TLM in favor of this new thing, then that's bad.  FSSP and SSPX will happily ignore it.
Just today after going to confession I drove to another Church to pray for a bit and ended up skimming the instructions for the New Missal (Novus Ordo) that was put into effect here last Advent. Two things struck me about the instructions:
1. The New Missal actually says that versus populum should be the norm and, if I remember correctly, "encouraged."
2. The Cranmer Table is also what is to be preferred. In fact the reason behind having a free standing table was precisely so that people could walk around it and the priest could say Mass facing the people. So much for Sacrosanctum Concilium....

As for a revision of the 1962 Missal, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Even though the TLM has been growing at a snails pace throughout the world it is still growing. The legions of priests, prelates and lay committees that want nothing to do with the Old Rite will do whatever they can to sabotage it and render it as banal as the New Rite. Just how successful they will be is something only time will tell.
GO AWAY! LEAVE THE MASS ALONE!
If this is legit, dear Lord help us.

Doesn't this only accentuate the issue of why the NO was created to begin with? The fact that the NO has too many options in it is one it's many fatal flaws. If options can be thrown haphazardly into the TLM, then why didn't they just do this in 1965? 1970? If this happens, I will strongly consider transferring my parish membership to the FSSP parish where I live.  

It took centuries to put the Old Roman Missal until 12970 when the Novus Ordo was put together quickly, they seem to want to do the same with the old missal.
(08-16-2012, 07:21 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: If this is legit, dear Lord help us.

Doesn't this only accentuate the issue of why the NO was created to begin with? The fact that the NO has too many options in it is one it's many fatal flaws. If options can be thrown haphazardly into the TLM, then why didn't they just do this in 1965? 1970? If this happens, I will strongly consider transferring my parish membership to the FSSP parish where I live.  

I'm not sure you guys quite understand what is being done, if I read it write this will be the old missal, all communities that celebrate the 1962 missal will have to switch to using this one.
Yes Trent that are trying the Reform of the Reform crowd is to try to move the 1970 NO missal back to 1965 and bring the 1962 missal up to 1965 with new prefaces. They aren't wasting any time either. With all the liturgical craziness going on they should have waited till the whole Vatican 2 crowd died off so we could have an intelligent reasonable discussion but these Vatican 2 types love change like the old time missionaries had zeal for saving souls.