Oh No!!! Modernists take aim at Old Roman Missal
(08-17-2012, 02:05 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 01:31 PM)Stubborn Wrote: Whether rumors or outright lies today, there's always tomorrow.

The agents of "change for the sake of change" will get their way, it's a matter of when, not if. I bet they regret not adulterating the Missal when they could have done it with zero fanfare, before FSSP.

Whoever thinks otherwise is naive to the point of absurdity. I mean, what is there of the Catholic faith left to change other than the very Mass and Missal they banned? They've left nothing alone, nothing untouched - and have changed everything from the sacraments to the actual Lord's Day and everything in between -

There are 7 Sacraments, so that hasn't changed fundamentally.  The Lord's Day is still Sunday.  The Saturday evening Mass is the vigil Mass for the Lord's Day.  So, what's all the in between stuff?

Ok.
Never mind then......interested in buying that bridge?
(08-17-2012, 02:07 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Was gonna say, the idea of Sunday beginning at First Vespers of Saturday evening predates Vatican II....

Never, not until V2, was one able to meet their Sunday Obligation on Saturday. Not as a rule. Sunday is the Lord's Day - not Saturday.

Did V2 update or back date?
(08-17-2012, 02:45 PM)Old Salt Wrote: It is all a ridiculous rumor.

The Missal of 1962 will stay as it is and the FSSP ICRS etc. will always use it or the 1955 version.

What could possibly happen is the NO Missae might come to be a lot more like the Missal of 65.
As bad as this is, it is a lot better than what is offererd in 99% of Catholic parishes.

Shame shame OS!

Once the Missal changes - whoever doesn't use it will be disobedient  - - no way will they turn disobedient for the sake of the faith!
(08-17-2012, 03:07 PM)Stubborn Wrote:

The Missal of 1962 will stay as it is and the FSSP ICRS etc. will always use it or the 1955 version.

What could possibly happen is the NO Missae might come to be a lot more like the Missal of 65.
As bad as this is, it is a lot better than what is offererd in 99% of Catholic parishes.

Shame shame OS!

Once the Missal changes - whoever doesn't use it will be disobedient  - - no way will they turn disobedient for the sake of the faith!
Stubborn, do you go to SSPX Masses?
(08-17-2012, 03:03 PM)Stubborn Wrote: Never, not until V2, was one able to meet their Sunday Obligation on Saturday. Not as a rule. Sunday is the Lord's Day - not Saturday.

That's because Mass was restricted to the hours between 6am and noon, if I recall correctly. That means even current TLM's which are celebrated at, say, 5pm or 7pm on a holy day of obligation during the workweek would've been considered an abuse pre-Vatican II.

All I'm saying is that Saturday evening is, in fact, Sunday from a liturgical point of view. If you dispute that, you're disputing Pope Saint Pius X, who defined Sunday as starting on First Vespers of Saturday evening. That's all.
(08-17-2012, 03:15 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 03:03 PM)Stubborn Wrote: Never, not until V2, was one able to meet their Sunday Obligation on Saturday. Not as a rule. Sunday is the Lord's Day - not Saturday.

That's because Mass was restricted to the hours between 6am and noon, if I recall correctly. That means even current TLM's which are celebrated at, say, 5pm or 7pm on a holy day of obligation during the workweek would've been considered an abuse pre-Vatican II.

All I'm saying is that Saturday evening is, in fact, Sunday from a liturgical point of view. If you dispute that, you're disputing Pope Saint Pius X, who defined Sunday as starting on First Vespers of Saturday evening. That's all.

All I am saying is that the Sunday Obligation changed - FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE.
(08-17-2012, 03:09 PM)Old Salt Wrote:

Shame shame OS!

Stubborn, do you go to SSPX Masses?

Yes

Shame shame OS!

The SSPX use a "changed" missal.
(08-16-2012, 07:49 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 07:44 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: I still have a copy of the "St. Joseph Sunday Missal" published in 1965. It is an exact merging of the 1962 Missal and what became the Missal of 1970. It will be a remarkable, ironic step if this is the final destination of the "reform of the reform". The Missal is a far better Liturgy than the NO, but it still is not the Original.

On a related note, I once perused an old 1959 missal at a used book store. Looking at the first blank page, a lady owned it. She crossed out words and made changes in the ordinary section of the missal. I saw the liturgical revolution as it happened, just from the small notes made in the missal.

Wow, fascinating. I've perused old missals and I usually find a holy card (i.e. bookmark) wedge in the last Sunday after Pentacost. After that, presumably they bought the next updated missal.
(08-17-2012, 03:19 PM)Old Salt Wrote:

Shame shame OS!

The SSPX use a "changed" missal.

They use the pre-1962 Missal, it was not tampered with by today's modernist NO authorities.