Woodburn priest chased boy down street after abuse
Horrible.

For the boy and his family :pray:
We are all sinners.

It's just that some of us sinners need to go to confession and keep fighting the good fight and others need to be fed to hungry pigs while still alive or have petrol poured on them and be set alight.

Leave Perez to me and I would give him a slow and painful death. He deserves it.
(08-17-2012, 01:45 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: It were better for him, that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should scandalize one of these little ones.

[Image: Burning+at+the+Stake+1.jpg]

I often wonder if these words of Christ were for our age. It's as if Jesus is speaking to a future generation directly. It often comes to my mind with this that Paul when he speaks in Romans about the un-natural use of women for women, and men for men is also directly aimed for our age. I also think of St. Peter Damien and his solid solution.

Scriptorium is right, you should never allow your child to "go anywhere" with any priest until they are at least 31. With terrible sadness it wasn't always this way. Father C. in the day before the cataclysm, would round up kids from the parish and take them to the beach/park for the day till before supper time. 

He inherited a little money when his mother died and he went out and bought a brand new 1959 Chevy Impala station wagon for this purpose. I know of no one, not any boy or girl, which were ever even slightly harmed by this good old priest.

The only thing that the kids didn't like was his little parables because it always involve a magic wand and the magic words, "prest-oh, change-oh, transatlantic-oh, poof !". It had just trickled down to us working class that you could fly transatlantic to Europe, and not take the boat. Not that our families could afford it.

God rest Father C.'s soul.

tim
He should be castrated and sent to work here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12301421
Frankly I think it's shameful to say you won't let priests be alone with kids until they are x age, it's also offensive to catholic ppiety.

The fact is only a very small minority of priests are perverts, you risk more by sending your kids to school or the scouts. If you trust a priest there's no reason not to let him be alone with kids and it's not only prejudiced but shameful to say otherwise.For those of us with good holy priests there is no justification for such an opinion, frankly though most priests would probably avoid this in case people make things up.
I found that parish's mission statement:  :puke:

The mission, hope and tradition of
the St Luke Catholic Community is to
proclaim and share the Good News
of Jesus Christ with all people
We are a diverse parish reflecting the
community in which we live.  Our
focus is to empower and strengthen
one another in our common call as
disciples of the Kingdom of God. We
are, then a community of faith,
prayer, hospitality and service
(08-17-2012, 10:10 AM)ggreg Wrote: We are all sinners.

It's just that some of us sinners need to go to confession and keep fighting the good fight and others need to be fed to hungry pigs while still alive or have petrol poured on them and be set alight.

Leave Perez to me and I would give him a slow and painful death. He deserves it.

What is it with you and your desire to be the vengeful executioner of homosexuals?  This is rediculous, you are a travesty of Catholicism.
(08-17-2012, 01:19 PM)TrentCath Wrote: Frankly I think it's shameful to say you won't let priests be alone with kids until they are x age, it's also offensive to catholic ppiety.

The fact is only a very small minority of priests are perverts, you risk more by sending your kids to school or the scouts. If you trust a priest there's no reason not to let him be alone with kids and it's not only prejudiced but shameful to say otherwise.For those of us with good holy priests there is no justification for such am opinion, frankly though most priests would probably avoid this in case people make things up.

It's our job to protect our children. It's not about hurting someone's feelings or accusing anyone of a specific action. But the fact remains that our children, given to us on loan by God, are targeted for destruction. Perhaps if you knew a priest for a very long time, knew his family, etc, you could trust him. But what priest these days invites a 12 year old boy to his home overnight alone? Most priests are only at a parish for 3-4 years anyway. That is not enough time to know them and to be able to trust them in my opinion.

hahahah can you imagine seeing this barely clad *priest* booking it down the street in speedos? I wonder if he tried blaming it on Marc Anthony. That kid must've been TERRIFIED! Seriously...being chased down by a sex crazed drunk. What was he planning to do once he caught him? I think it could've ended BADLY.

[Image: rev.-angel-armando-perez.jpg]
This will definitely harm the faith even more. I can imagine it now...half the parish will find another religion that allows priests to marry other women/men, which will obviously put an end to sexual abuse, because everyone knows that people in loving, sexual relationships do not cause harm to anyone.
He's younger looking than I thought he'd be.

Melkite, are you saying fondling the genitals of 12 year olds is normal homosexual behavior? Because that's the only logical reading of what you said to ggreg.