Woodburn priest chased boy down street after abuse
(08-18-2012, 12:58 AM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: I'm not necessarily taking a position here, but do you think it is possible that there are at least some people who have become homosexuals who could have become healthy heterosexuals? I'm not saying this is the case for all homosexuals, but it seems possible that a social consensus against homosexuality might lead some people to adapt to heterosexuality when they might otherwise have "experimented" in a way that would lead them to homosexuality. I'm not sure if you've seen the story, but there was an article going around not too long ago about a self-identified homosexual man who also claimed to be happily married with two daughters. I don't think it's impossible that there are similar people who would be able to get along in heterosexual relationships if homosexual ones were discouraged.

It depends on how old they start.  Who knows how many boys were on the road to becoming homosexuals but had a good father figure pull them away at a young enough age and now are healthy heterosexuals?  We'll never get unbiased numbers on it.  The best I can say is, the younger you start, the better chance there is, and at some age, probably during puberty or shortly after its termination at the latest, it seems solidified enough that a true conversion is no longer possible.
In our sex-addicted and perverted culture priests are bound to get swept up into the destruction.

http://narth.com/docs/frontier.html
http://www.narth.com/docs/catholic.html
http://www.narth.com/docs/whatapa.html
http://www.narth.com/docs/pedophNEW.html

And luckily cases of abuse are going down:

http://www.ncregister.com/site/article/s...o-decline/

Of course it should be zero.
(08-17-2012, 01:47 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: It's amazing how these pedos are still preying on kids over a decade after the scandals broke out. The Roman collar is already like wearing a sex offender badge in the eyes of most Americans. He's just validated that stereotype.

That's how most of my non Catholic co-workers see it. And, really, who can blame them?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/15...r=Religion
[Image: original.jpg]

http://articles.mamaslatinas.com/parenting/105198/priest_sexually_abusing_12yearold_boy

Just to reply to the question about the harshness of punishment.

If put in charge, in order to sort society out, bearing in mind where it is today, here is how I would punish crimes.

Robbery without violence (house burglary).  2 years hard labour.  Living in a tent, boot camp level's of discipline, logging or breaking rocks for 2 years.  i.e. A prison sentence to be feared because you would be cold damp

Robbery with threat of violence.  5 years hard labour.

Robbery with violence (beating up the victim who then recovers). 6-10 years hard labour.

Robbery with violence leading to permanent and serious injury of the victims.  10-20 years or death penalty.

First degree murder.  Death penalty, hanging or beheading.

First degree sicko murder.  Death penalty with pain/torture similar to that which you inflicted on your victim.

Date rape - 1 to 10 years of hard labour depending on circumstances.

False accusation of rape.  Same sentence as the would-be rapist would get

Rape of a stranger, i.e. with threat of violence.  Violent Death Penalty, i.e.  Something to fear not just instant relatively painless death.

Homosexual molestation of a child under 15.  Fed to a pack of hungry wild pigs.  i.e. You die terrified as you terrified your victim.

- - - -

In my view homosexual rape of a 12 year old boy is just about a screwed up as it gets.  That a priest can do this is absolutely sick and if the Church ever wants to be seen as an institution that is as disgusted as this as the average red-blooded man on the street then it needs to up the ante and seriously prosecute these sickos within it's ranks.  If it doesn't one can hardly complain when all the red-blooded men leave and that the Church is left with more than it's fair share of liberal effeminates.
(08-17-2012, 01:50 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 01:47 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: It's amazing how these pedos are still preying on kids over a decade after the scandals broke out. The Roman collar is already like wearing a sex offender badge in the eyes of most Americans. He's just validated that stereotype.
The interesting part is that the priests who are sex offenders, do not wear the roman collar.
They dress as laymen.

Have you got statistics to back up that assertion that "the priests who are sex offenders do not wear the roman [sic] collar.  They dress as laymen."

If the statement can't be backed with facts, it shouldn't be repeated.

Not sure if it is afterknowledge but he looks like a sicko in that pic. Most pedos I have seen look ill, pale and gaunt.

Gregg concurred with most of your punishments, not sure about the ones regarding torture methods just put them out of their misery. A guy at my church has gone back into teaching after being out of the caper for 20 years and is now shocked by the level of aggression of his students some who stand up and start yelling at him - partly a consequence of the lack of discipline in today's society.

Its hard for the church to be taken seriously after the past 45 years and the way things have been handled - it has made evangelising almost impossible. Some of these "priests" have done things that would make a prostitute cringe.
I have never understood why the Church responds with laicization.  That should be the last thing you do.  Far better the Church should use her authority over her clerics to command and reassign them to a special monastery on a remote island at an undisclosed locations where, following whatever civil penalties are imposed, the offending cleric lives a life of extraordinary penance and hardship until they expire naturally, which ought to be in the 3-5 year range. 

Unlike Greg's ideas, which are fine, this could actually happen.  No one could follow up or find them, once on the island they could not escape, etc.
The punishment fits the crime.  You get a greater punishment for rape than stealing a person's wallet.

If we hang people for murder of an adult (say a gangland execution), then why should a sicko pervert who tortures, sodomises and murders a child get the same punishment?

Some people truly deserve to be fed to wild pigs and torn from limb to limb suffering a terrifying and horrific death.  Moreover, society needs to make a clear statement that some crimes are beneath any human toleration.  An Irish terrorist blowing up a army barracks can be seen as an act of war.  There are reasonable humans on both sides of the argument.  But people who argue for the rights of child abusing perverts need to be silenced.

If the state has no business doing this, then what business did it have sending innocent young men onto the Normandy beaches, knowing full well what would happen to them?

Certain crimes should, in justice, mean that you lose your human rights because they are so heinous and pre-meditated that you've lowered yourself below the level of a beast.  The punishment needs to reflect that.
(08-20-2012, 08:39 AM)Allan Wrote: I have never understood why the Church responds with laicization.  That should be the last thing you do.  Far better the Church should use her authority over her clerics to command and reassign them to a special monastery on a remote island at an undisclosed locations where, following whatever civil penalties are imposed, the offending cleric lives a life of extraordinary penance and hardship until they expire naturally, which ought to be in the 3-5 year range. 

Unlike Greg's ideas, which are fine, this could actually happen.  No one could follow up or find them, once on the island they could not escape, etc.

This could not happen either.  It's more likely that I would be elected the supreme commander of the UK than Brussels would surrender the "human rights" of these sickos to the Church.  They would simply refuse to get on the transport ship and be taken to the island.

Hand this priest to a bunch of fathers with a video of his offence and let them sit around in a room and decide his fate.  I'd bet you their solution would involve death.  Nearly every Brit I talk to wants these child abusers dead.  Re-offending rate zero.

People in positions of power and authority MUST be held to higher standards.