For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor
The end of the video is particularly good.  I never suspected there would be that many crumbs just from placing the Eucharist in the hands.

Imagine what happens when the priest holds up one of those giant hosts and cracks it apart into 14 pieces.
(08-18-2012, 03:32 PM)Walty Wrote: Imagine what happens when the priest holds up one of those giant hosts and cracks it apart into 14 pieces.

You mean the party host?

[Image: ratzinger-messa.jpg]
Why must the hosts at the Novus Ordo be so large anyway?
(08-18-2012, 12:16 PM)fatiam13 Wrote: Saturday 5/26/12 Notre Dame Paris 5000 communicants. Sunday 5/27/12 10000 communicants. Monday Notre Dame Chartres 5/28/12 8000 communicants.  3 Solemn High Masses 72 miles apart. Not a single EME. Priests still distributing communion after each Mass had already been completed. No dropped hosts. All COTT while kneeling. That's the most beautiful thing this side of heaven.

Beautiful indeed.

Like someone mentioned, the video in the opening post should be sent to all priests that offer the Eucharist on the hand.
The quote at the very end of the video in spanish or italian not sure, I just heard it in an audiosancto sermon.  When Mother Teresa was asked what was the worst thing she had seen in her life...  she answered, communion in the hand! Really made me think.

Luke
(08-18-2012, 06:11 PM)Christknight104 Wrote: Why must the hosts at the Novus Ordo be so large anyway?

It's just a hunch, but I would guess it's a result of A) the huge masses celebrated by the post-Conciliar popes and B) the idea that the faithful must SEE everything.  You can't see those old hosts from the bleacher seats on top of the Verizon Center.

[Image: E023_Benedict_Eucharist.jpg]
(08-18-2012, 02:24 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
A small Lesson.
Bump.
(08-18-2012, 09:31 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-18-2012, 06:11 PM)Christknight104 Wrote: Why must the hosts at the Novus Ordo be so large anyway?

It's just a hunch, but I would guess it's a result of A) the huge masses celebrated by the post-Conciliar popes and B) the idea that the faithful must SEE everything.  You can't see those old hosts from the bleacher seats on top of the Verizon Center.

[Image: E023_Benedict_Eucharist.jpg]

It stems from the belief that everyone in the congregation MUST be able to see EVERYTHING that goes on at the altar.
(08-18-2012, 11:33 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: It stems from the belief that everyone in the congregation MUST be able to see EVERYTHING that goes on at the altar.

See and hear (three cheers for vernacular use!) or else someone may get offended...
(08-18-2012, 11:46 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote: See and hear

"Taste and see..."