For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor
Quote:The important part is that I receive my Lord and Savior.

Who cares about reverence for the Sacred, as long as I get mine!
(08-19-2012, 01:46 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 01:23 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 09:30 AM)lumine Wrote: When I go to a Novus Ordo Mass, I do inspect my hands for fragments and have never seen any.  Just my experience.
Why would a trad receive in the hand? Even NO you can at least receive on the tongue.

Because I may receive my Lord in my hand, that is why.  Obviously when I go to a TLM, I receive on my tongue.  The important part is that I receive my Lord and Savior.

I recommend you read Dominus Est by Schneider.
(08-19-2012, 01:48 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 09:30 AM)lumine Wrote: When I go to a Novus Ordo Mass, I do inspect my hands for fragments and have never seen any.  Just my experience.
Why would a trad receive in the hand? Even NO you can at least receive on the tongue.

Because I may receive my Lord in my hand, that is why.  Obviously when I go to a TLM, I receive on my tongue.  The important part is that I receive my Lord and Savior.
Would that be your steering hand? or the one you use to scratch your neck with?
Oh, are you a priest?

I wonder if I receive from the priest's driving hand, or the hand he scratches his neck with.....
(08-19-2012, 02:00 PM)Spooky Wrote:

Is that supposed t be my thought that YOU are posting?  It isn't.  I have great reverence for the Body and Blood of my Lord.  How would you know?
(08-19-2012, 03:16 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 01:48 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:

Would that be your steering hand? or the one you use to scratch your neck with?
Oh, are you a priest?

I wonder if I receive from the priest's driving hand, or the hand he scratches his neck with.....

His hands have been consecrated; yours have not. Not only that, a priest washes his hands at the Lavabo. Traditionalism 101.
Receiving the Eucharist in the hand here in the US was an end around by my Cardinal Bernardin. There were some who received this way in Europe (disobediently), and the then Pope John Paul II gave an indult to cover those that had a disobedient tradition of doing it this way. Bernardin started it here, with subtrefuge at the Bishop's Council, and after the indult, saying it was covered by the indult, but it was not, and so reception in the hand is the disobedient method used today. The problem is no Pope wants to anathemize anyone anymore because of collegiality. There is no good reason to do it, and it should stop. It is the crudest archaeologism going back to the Agape Feast. It's actually modernism at it's worst.

tim
(08-19-2012, 03:18 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 02:00 PM)Spooky Wrote:

Is that supposed t be my thought that YOU are posting?  It isn't.  I have great reverence for the Body and Blood of my Lord.  How would you know?

I certainly wouldn't know! Not by your method of receiving.
The oddest thing I see at a NO Mass, is when EMHC's receive on the tongue.

I have to wonder why they are ok with  being a EMHC, but feel they should receive COTT ?
(08-19-2012, 04:12 PM)Whitey Wrote: The oddest thing I see at a NO Mass, is when EMHC's receive on the tongue.

I have to wonder why they are ok with  being a EMHC, but feel they should receive COTT ?
That is very strange.
(08-19-2012, 01:58 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:

fine and thats your option but trad your not...conservative NO...Neo Con probably ....(still a good person) but definitely part of the problem

QFT!