For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor
(08-19-2012, 01:58 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 01:46 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 01:23 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 09:30 AM)lumine Wrote: When I go to a Novus Ordo Mass, I do inspect my hands for fragments and have never seen any.  Just my experience.
Why would a trad receive in the hand? Even NO you can at least receive on the tongue.

Because I may receive my Lord in my hand, that is why.  Obviously when I go to a TLM, I receive on my tongue.  The important part is that I receive my Lord and Savior.
fine and thats your option but trad your not...conservative NO...Neo Con probably ....(still a good person) but definitely part of the problem

how dare you try to define who or what a traditionalist Catholic is!

:eyeroll:

(sarcasm alert, btw.)
(08-19-2012, 04:12 PM)Whitey Wrote: The oddest thing I see at a NO Mass, is when EMHC's receive on the tongue.

I have to wonder why they are ok with  being a EMHC, but feel they should receive COTT ?

Good point
I'm not here to change anyone's mind...
(08-19-2012, 05:18 PM)lumine Wrote: I'm not here to change anyone's mind...

Didn't think you were, but just out of curiosity, do you call yourself a Traditionalist since you say you receive CITH at NO Masses simply because you may?
(08-19-2012, 05:18 PM)lumine Wrote: I'm not here to change anyone's mind...

Then you must not be very convicted in your practices.  I'd like to change your mind.  You should begin recieving Our Lord on the tongue, out of reverence and out of caution.

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-18-2012, 01:50 PM)joe17 Wrote: The paten under the hands would only be handy if the host fell while he is taking it.  It would do nothing for the particles left over.  It is not just what people say that shows their faith, it can also be garnered by what they do(understanding that many/most people out there now do not know the right thing to do because of poor catechesis, neverminding where they go to Church).  Lord have mercy on those that say that the NO is a true Mass and still do not treat the host in a respectful manner.  You are judged by what you know or should know.

Joe

Are you saying the Novus Ordo/ Ordinary Form is NOT a true Mass? 

Are you claiming that the Host (it should be capitalized since it IS Jesus) is not treated respectfully at Novus Ordo/ Ordinary Form Masses?

To back up what Tim says, Bernardine did cheat to get his way with CITH. You can find out at the site below or you can read it at the Remnant Magazine. Maybe it will change your mind maybe it won't. I wiil never again receive CITH or from an EME or from anyone other than the priest. And if Springfield, IL has a Sunday TLM anytime soon as is the word out on the street, then I will have attened my last NO in Decatur, IL. I will simply trade the Saturday morning TLM for a Sunday obligatory TLM and I won't be putting up with NO antics such as deacons going for cheap laughs from the peanut gallery. I counted 5 such laughing outbursts today. I'm nearly at the end of my rope with the NO.

http://cal-catholic.com/wordpress/2012/0...-the-hand/
So, fatiam, is Notre Dame de La Salette Academy further from you than Decatur, I guess?  It's in Georgetown, near Danville, IL.  TLM 7 days a week, normally.
(08-19-2012, 07:12 PM)Revixit Wrote:
(08-18-2012, 01:50 PM)joe17 Wrote: The paten under the hands would only be handy if the host fell while he is taking it.  It would do nothing for the particles left over.  It is not just what people say that shows their faith, it can also be garnered by what they do(understanding that many/most people out there now do not know the right thing to do because of poor catechesis, neverminding where they go to Church).  Lord have mercy on those that say that the NO is a true Mass and still do not treat the host in a respectful manner.  You are judged by what you know or should know.

Joe

Are you claiming that the Host (it should be capitalized since it IS Jesus) is not treated respectfully at Novus Ordo/ Ordinary Form Masses?
I am taking the bait on this one even though I am not joe17.

I answer "yes," in comparison to the TLM, and since the Novus Ordo was designed and intended to replace the TLM, to that it must be compared. Fewer genuflections, no "canonical fingers," CITH, Communion standing (not necessarily inherently bad, I know, the East does it, ya ya ya, but it replaced kneeling because we are experiencing the resurrection now!). But yes, the official Latin novus ordo does not treat Our Lord in the Sacred Host respectfully compared to what it attempted to replace.
Junior Councilor

Funny you should ask, I was planning on visiting this weekend. When we were on the Chartres Pilgrimage this spring we met a couple from Michigan who spoke highly of the priest there. I can't remember his name but he's was supposed to be attending the Roman Forum at Lake Garda this past July. After hearing of the school I decided to check it out online. It's intrigued me and I have a grandson who'll be entering the first grade tomorrow. I guess I fantasize about saving up the money and sending him to school there.