Rebuilding Christendom Conference This Weekend in DC
(08-21-2012, 07:52 PM)Tim Wrote: These are promoted by in the Spirit of Chartres, they are Traditional Catholics. Google them and see the takls they offer.

tim

I just went to that site and found out something interesting. The bad news is that Judith is still on vacation and their are now files to be found until after the conference and she will start up again on September 1st.

But I just realized that Judith Sharpe, is the wife of John Sharpe of IHS Press who has put this conference together.
(08-21-2012, 07:57 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 05:52 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: What on earth is there to criticize here?

No scheduled confessions.

Well you did ask.   :tiphat:

:LOL:

Very good. Well if I am bad, I will promise to pull the priest on the side and accuse myself. But, I hope I can be good.

(08-21-2012, 09:02 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 07:52 PM)Tim Wrote: These are promoted by in the Spirit of Chartres, they are Traditional Catholics. Google them and see the takls they offer.

tim

I just went to that site and found out something interesting. The bad news is that Judith is still on vacation and their are now files to be found until after the conference and she will start up again on September 1st.

But I just realized that Judith Sharpe, is the wife of John Sharpe of IHS Press who has put this conference together.

I thought Judith was the mother of  John Sharpe of IHS Press who has put this conference together.  (i.e. John put this conference together, not Judith.)    :Hmm:
At the outset I mentioned Chartres for Joni. I wanted her to see this was not an ecu-maniac affair.

tim
(08-21-2012, 10:47 PM)FHM310 Wrote:

tim

I thought Judith was the mother of  John Sharpe of IHS Press who has put this conference together.  (i.e. John put this conference together, not Judith.)    :Hmm:

Did I mess up on my grammar here? Leave a dangling participle or something? Yes, I realize John has put it together.

Very interesting to learn that Judith is his mother. She has a very young voice on those interview programs and would never have guessed that.

I wish I could attend but work won't allow it. Do you think if I put on a suit and showed up for Mass Saturday morning they would turn me away? I could just squeeze it in before my shift.

edit: oops, I read "Reagan" not "Dulles" for some reason. It's outta my range.
(08-22-2012, 09:20 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 10:47 PM)FHM310 Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 07:52 PM)Tim Wrote: These are promoted by in the Spirit of Chartres, they are Traditional Catholics. Google them and see the takls they offer. tim

Did I mess up on my grammar here? Leave a dangling participle or something? Yes, I realize John has put it together.

Very interesting to learn that Judith is his mother. She has a very young voice on those interview programs and would never have guessed that.

No, I don't think you messed up on grammar; I just wanted to make sure my sentence was clear.  The " Judith was the mother of  John Sharpe of IHS Press" was in response to your post, but then when I clarified "i.e. John put this conference together, not Judith." it was because I wasn't sure if my own sentence was clear.  Anyway, I think Judith runs " in the Spirit of Chartres", while her son John (Jr?) runs IHS Press and is responsible for this conference.  But don't quote me on any of it!  :)
[quote='Tim' pid='1063215' dateline='1345640240']
At the outset I mentioned Chartres for Joni. I wanted her to see this was not an ecu-maniac affair.

tim
[quote]

Thanks Tim. I wan't to do something that's kind of hard for me & hope that I do it right. I need to apologize to Adam West & all of you for the tone of my post. Sometimes, when I read about another child being abused & another Church denying the praying of the 1962 Mass, etc. etc., I do get upset , as I did here. This is not an excuse..........but maybe it will help you understand. I'm recovering from knee replacement surgery & this is the first wk. that I could actually walk without much pain. I found out a couple of days ago that we are now down to 2 TLM's a month in my city...........so...........myself & 2 other people decided to go around to the other Catholic Churches in this city to ask if we could hang a flyer on their bulletin boards just mentioning the TLM.'s,their time & Location. Not ONE of our 8 Catholic Churches granted us permission. Then I read the rumor that the USCCB. wanted to make some changes in the TLM's  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, Adam, I hope you can excuse my behavior & accept my apology. I still think that there are more important issues to be discussed, but now realize that your group consists of members of the laity & they can't really do anything about the Mass & what I consider to be the MESS [b][b]within
[/b]the Church.[/b]
(08-23-2012, 12:40 AM)JoniCath Wrote: I need to apologize to Adam West & all of you for the tone of my post.

JoniCath, I like how you referred to Adam Wayne as Adam West.

[Image: adam-west-batman-costume.jpg]
Joni, I understand what stress can do. I wasn't offended more I wanted to clue you in, being a contemporary and all.

tim