Rebuilding Christendom Conference This Weekend in DC
(08-23-2012, 12:44 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 12:40 AM)JoniCath Wrote: I need to apologize to Adam West & all of you for the tone of my post.

JoniCath, I like how you referred to Adam Wayne as Adam West.

[Image: adam-west-batman-costume.jpg]

:LOL:

(And, totally off-topic, but does anyone else miss the *relatively* more innocent version of  Batman from back then, compared to the new versions? )
(08-23-2012, 10:11 AM)Tim Wrote: Joni, I understand what stress can do. I wasn't offended more I wanted to clue you in, being a contemporary and all.

tim

Thanks Tim, Now I hope that Adam can. As I reread my first post, It's pretty mean-spirited.
(08-23-2012, 10:52 AM)JoniCath Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 10:11 AM)Tim Wrote: Joni, I understand what stress can do. I wasn't offended more I wanted to clue you in, being a contemporary and all.

tim

Thanks Tim, Now I hope that Adam can. As I reread my first post, It's pretty mean-spirited.

What post?  ??? That's male humor for it's already forgotten.

No problem, and I hope you get your Mass back and have a full recovery from your recent surgery.

What we are trying to do with this conference is move towards a plan, and through networking with each other, try to do something. Eventually, some leadership may emerge. So, to steal Michael Voris' recent remark in the excellent talk that Scriptorium provided, it will be a combination of Mary and Martha. With the talks being emphasized on the Martha side of the equation.

So all I ask is if you, and everyone else, can spare a bead for all of us to have a safe and uneventful trip and that some fruit may come out of this conference.

Sure enough, Adam, and maybe you'll give us a little report from the Conference.

tim
(08-23-2012, 01:53 PM)Tim Wrote: Sure enough, Adam, and maybe you'll give us a little report from the Conference.

tim

Of course. Count on it.
(08-23-2012, 01:12 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: What we are trying to do with this conference is move towards a plan, and through networking with each other, try to do something. Eventually, some leadership may emerge.

Adam,
This was one of the things my dad wanted to accomplish by attending last time around. He was disappointed because the organizers of the event wouldn't share participant information, and there was no forum to effectively network with other participants. I think that's one reason he's not going this year.
I hope this isn't a problem again, this year.
(08-23-2012, 02:08 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 01:12 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: What we are trying to do with this conference is move towards a plan, and through networking with each other, try to do something. Eventually, some leadership may emerge.

Adam,
This was one of the things my dad wanted to accomplish by attending last time around. He was disappointed because the organizers of the event wouldn't share participant information, and there was no forum to effectively network with other participants. I think that's one reason he's not going this year.
I hope this isn't a problem again, this year.

What was the name of the conference your father attended? Because it is my understanding that this is the first one.

(08-23-2012, 10:47 AM)FHM310 Wrote: (And, totally off-topic, but does anyone else miss the *relatively* more innocent version of  Batman from back then, compared to the new versions? )

Nope. The campy Adam West Batman was a post-Vatican II monstrosity aimed to attract wider audiences... much like the Novus Ordo Mass. Frank Miller (author of The Dark Knight Returns in 1986, which brought Batman back to his darker roots) was like the Archbishop Lefebvre of the Batman continuity.
(08-23-2012, 02:56 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: What was the name of the conference your father attended? Because it is my understanding that this is the first one.

It was called the Catholic Restoration Conference (also run by the Sharpes). It was in the same location (or very close by).
Here is the original link: http://www.isoc.ws/crc-vi

My father corresponded with both Judith and John after the conference, and they were both very responsive, but he never did get an attendee list.
(08-23-2012, 03:16 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 10:47 AM)FHM310 Wrote: (And, totally off-topic, but does anyone else miss the *relatively* more innocent version of  Batman from back then, compared to the new versions? )

Nope. The campy Adam West Batman was a post-Vatican II monstrosity aimed to attract wider audiences... much like the Novus Ordo Mass. Frank Miller (author of The Dark Knight Returns in 1986, which brought Batman back to his darker roots) was like the Archbishop Lefebvre of the Batman continuity.

That's my opinion as well.  It's really comparing apples and oranges.  The 60s teevee series was an entirely different animal than the movies.