Weekly/daily Mass in Boston and Maine area
I just thought I would let anyone interested know that starting Sunday, September 9, weekly Mass will be had in Stoneham, Massachusetts at 9:30am.  Website http://www.olmc-mission.org Our Lady of Mt Carmel Mission.  It was started in the Winter/Spring of 2005 shortly after the closing of 80 churches in the Archdiocese of Boston in September of 2004.  As some have done and continue to do, the locals did not want their parish closed, Our Lady of Mount Carmel in East Boston(right next to Logan Airport & heavily Italian back in the day with still many older folk around).  They would not leave and held the vigil, which only in the past year was concluded. 
  One of the vigil participants had the idea to get some singing nuns out here to help their cause.  Long story short, one of the people got on the internet and when they put in "singing nuns' they got the Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen and contacted them. 
  The Italian grandmother that did the contacting with the sisters was persistent, intially being told that the sisters do not do what they had requested.  When told no, she thought a bit about it and said "they can't say no to me!"  On the second attempt, the sisters offered to come on out and explain to those interested what has happened in the Catholic Church since VII.  A couple of them came out for several days and soon thereafter a visit from one of their priests for Mass, then a trial for two sisters to start a mission out there.
  They started Adult Catechism as well as the Block Rosary, something every Catholic with their own residence should consider, if feasable.
  A few months later, monthly and later bi-monthly Mass was available by flying out a priest for the weekend.  Maine opened up some time later, as well as a Rhode Island Mission.
  An article on done a while after this can be found here http://www.dailycatholic.org/issue/05Nov/Nov15ttr.htm
  Fr Gabriel Lavery, CMRI  will be living  in the Boston area, saying Mass and administering the sacraments to the faithful that avail themselves.  The chapel in Stoneham is rented.  If God wills, perhaps one day an actual building can be purchased.  PM me if anyone cares for any more info. 

Joe

That second link is http://www.dailycatholic.org/issue/05Nov/nov15ttr.htm
Is this a group permitted to be in the area by the local Ordinary?
No Old Salt, the Archdiocese does not permit them or other such groups in there.  The CMRI are one of the groups in the recent SSPV/CMRI thread.  In a word, they are sedevacantist.
  The groups, Boston and Maine, have grown to a good 100 or so people, plus those that cannot get to Mass but ask the priests to make sick calls on them.  Many souls who would not have the sacraments and teachings as before VII are most grateful for their assistance.

Joe
Thank you Joe.

Maybe someday the Ordinary will give permission to them.
(08-22-2012, 10:24 AM)Old Salt Wrote: Thank you Joe.

Maybe when he has more time on his plate after he is finished mocking the Sacrament of Holy Orders by washing womens' feet during the Mandatum on Holy Thursday.
(08-22-2012, 10:55 AM)MRose Wrote:

Maybe when he has more time on his plate after he is finished mocking the Sacrament of Holy Orders by washing womens' feet during the Mandatum on Holy Thursday.

I understand the feeling behind the sarcasm (I think I really do) but Ordinaries are people too and can have changes of heart.  And, of course, Old Salt's hope could be realized by the next ordinary after this one retires or dies.
(08-22-2012, 11:43 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

I understand the feeling behind the sarcasm (I think I really do) but Ordinaries are people too and can have changes of heart.  And, of course, Old Salt's hope could be realized by the next ordinary after this one retires or dies.

Maybe they could have a change of religion too! The Catholic faith would fit the bill.
I agree with you there Old Man! 
  Their latest configurement plan(to have a "team ministry-pastor/assistants and key office/janitorial personal to handle more than one building rather than closing) is only delaying the inevitability of closing for good more churches and selling them.  Of course, they will not knowingly sell to a trad group whether indie/Society or sede.  But for some unexplainable reason, they have sold their churches directly to protestant/nondenoms/Hindu groups. 
  Since about 5 years ago when the Willing Shepherds in Lawrence got the big Sacred Heart Church to rent(recently able to purchase I hear) by renting it from a developer who was going to use it for apartments/condos, the Archdiocese has done all that it can to prevent any of their future sales from going into the hands of a traditional group.  I have not heard that they are so diligent about letting Non-Trad groups buy their places. 
  Friar Sean and predecessors are well entrenched in the American Church.  I am a product of their schools.  Be good to your neighbor.  Be extra good to the false religions.  Do not root out problems.  Pray one day God will permit us to have the unadulterated faith to be practiced in our (at the moment captive) churches.

Joe
(08-22-2012, 11:43 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

I know. I should probably focus on that. It is just...frustrating. To say the least.