Weekly/daily Mass in Boston and Maine area
(08-23-2012, 12:09 PM)Old Salt Wrote: I think the Slaves of the Immaculate, in both their Still River and Richmond locations offer exclusively the TLM, and they are fully regularised.

The main objection is they are a Feeneyite order, although I've never heard anything questionable during Mass.

I am not advocating Feeneyism, and I would definitely avoid becoming a third order member or overly involved in the community.  But if you need access to a TLM then I see no reason to stay away. 
(08-23-2012, 12:23 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 12:09 PM)Old Salt Wrote: I think the Slaves of the Immaculate, in both their Still River and Richmond locations offer exclusively the TLM, and they are fully regularised.

The main objection is they are a Feeneyite order, although I've never heard anything questionable during Mass.

I am not advocating Feeneyism, and I would definitely avoid becoming a third order member or overly involved in the community.  But if you need access to a TLM then I see no reason to stay away. 
If they are OK by the Holy See, they are OK.
(08-23-2012, 12:26 PM)Old Salt Wrote:

I would not say that they are okay.  The fact that they can still teach their stance on BOD/BOB shows that there is a problem out there.  Spent a lot of time out there.  Good people, but there are diffences.
Hail Gilbert,  did you catch Dale Alquist a few years back when he gave a talk in Wakefield?  I thought it was interesting.  They even had "G.K." himself in attendance.

Joe 
(08-23-2012, 06:25 PM)joe17 Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 12:26 PM)Old Salt Wrote:

I would not say that they are okay.  The fact that they can still teach their stance on BOD/BOB shows that there is a problem out there.  Spent a lot of time out there.   Good people, but there are diffences.
Hail Gilbert,  did you catch Dale Alquist a few years back when he gave a talk in Wakefield?  I thought it was interesting.  They even had "G.K." himself in attendance.

Joe 
If they teach in no BOD and BOB [a doctrine of the Faith] why are they alright by the Ordinary?
Old Salt,

That is a good question about how they are okay with the ordinary if they are not accepting of the teaching on BOD/BOB.  They are permitted to hold the stricter view, that water baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation.  It is in their regularisation documents.  It was on the web some time ago.  It probably still is somewhere. 
  I know, it does not make sense that some out there are having it both ways, but it is so.  But since so much zaniness has gone on since VII, it should not surprise us too much.
  If I get a little time, I will try to seek out the source.

Joe
Thanks Joe.
It seems nuts.

Maybe I can believe all of John VI is optional and still be a good Catholic.