You pay to be attacked by leftists
(08-22-2012, 11:41 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 10:54 PM)DrBombay Wrote: You can specify how your contribution is to be spent.  "This check is to be solely used to pay Father's salary (or parish utilities, or painting the parish hall, or whatever other need you choose).  None of my monetary contributions should be passed on to the diocese."  Or similar words.  Most parishes will honor this request. 

Yes, which frees up money to be passed on to the diocese. Same argument is used by those who give to 'charitable' organisations that support terrorism. "I'm not giving it to buy guns!' Of course, it just means money is freed up to buy guns. Just sayin'.

Well then I guess we shouldn't pay taxes either.

We have an obligation to support the Church.  Rationalize it away if you wish.  No skin off my nose.
The problem is that donations are fungible. If Billy is going to spend $50 of every $100 he receives on food, and the other $50 on narcotics, then handing him a $50 earmarked "for food" (assuming that he honors it) merely frees up 100% of the next $50 he receives for illegal misuse.

I knew about the CCHD but I did not know about CRS. I will now refrain from giving to either.