The best "traditional" presses?
(08-23-2012, 11:41 AM)OldMan Wrote: Well since you claim first hand knowledge of something that would then lead me to think of the sin of detraction which is the unjust damage of another's good name by revealing some fault or crime the other is really guilty or seriously believed to be guilty. I am not accusing you of anything. I just think it is unnecessary to discuss TAN's business dealings especially since they are in the past. In my mind it's similar to speaking ill of the dead. Let's move on. Pax!

I don't think there is any need to keep quiet about Nelson's shady business practices.  He did a great good, publishing Catholic texts, but he wasn't the most clean-cut businessman.  One simple search for "Thomas A Nelson bankruptcy" led to this, an SEC complaint about a promissory note sale where the proceeds were alleged to go to buying TAN an HQ, but went to Nelson, who then pocketed the money, bought a new building, and leased it to TAN:
http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/lr15936.txt

That, and his multiple bankruptcies (yes, multiple) weren't exactly hush-hush and are a matter of public record.
Bench.
(08-22-2012, 07:42 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Crusader Philly, did something change with TAN? Are they different now?

I believe they changed ownership.
(08-23-2012, 04:51 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 07:42 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Crusader Philly, did something change with TAN? Are they different now?

Boy, you people are really on the ball...
(08-23-2012, 12:20 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Bench.

:rofl:
(08-23-2012, 09:14 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 04:51 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:

Boy, you people are really on the ball...

:rofl: :rofl: