Would Americans be right to rebel against their government?
Neo-Floriano asked if it was right for us to rebel against the British crown. Seeing as how things here have escalated to a breaking point now, what say you fellow fishies?
I'm not an American, but I want to see what happens....consider me "spectating".
(08-24-2012, 10:30 AM)seanipie Wrote: Neo-Floriano asked if it was right for us to rebel against the British crown. Seeing as how things here have escalated to a breaking point now, what say you fellow fishies?

Hell, I am hoping for it.......
:readrules:

Keep in mind when answering this question that the rules of this forum forbid posts that seem " to needlessly expose the forum to undue scrutiny (e.g., by loose talk of insurrection, revolution, civil war, baseless conspiracy theories rather than simple reporting of facts that readers can piece together for themselves, etc.). "

I have reported this thread because it looks like one the moderator will have to watch carefully.
(08-24-2012, 11:20 AM)JayneK Wrote: :readrules:

Keep in mind when answering this question that the rules of this forum forbid posts that seem " to needlessly expose the forum to undue scrutiny (e.g., by loose talk of insurrection, revolution, civil war, baseless conspiracy theories rather than simple reporting of facts that readers can piece together for themselves, etc.). "

I have reported this thread because it looks like one the moderator will have to watch carefully.

No one is planning insurrection here.  It's an academic question, and one which Americans should be free to discuss without being reported to moderators.
No. It was not just.
(08-27-2012, 02:42 AM)Walty Wrote:

No one is planning insurrection here.  It's an academic question, and one which Americans should be free to discuss without being reported to moderators.

This thread requires watching because some people might not have the prudence to discuss this as an an academic question.  And if they make this mistake it could have consequences for the forum and its owner. 

I was not telling anyone to shut up.  I was warning you to use discretion.

Seriously Jane are you the Gestapo?
(08-27-2012, 08:35 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote:

Seriously Jane are you the Gestapo?

This forum only has one moderator  She cannot read every post.  The only way she can do her job is if people report the posts that she needs to see and she has requested this. I report posts on a regular basis because it is necessary for the functioning of this forum.  There is nothing contrary to Catholic morality in my actions.
(08-24-2012, 11:03 AM)Canisius12 Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 10:30 AM)seanipie Wrote: Neo-Floriano asked if it was right for us to rebel against the British crown. Seeing as how things here have escalated to a breaking point now, what say you fellow fishies?

Hell, I am hoping for it.......

Keep in mind we already had a civil war just last century. It was called the Slaughter of the Cities. A black operation. We lost.

Careful what you wish for.