Leaving Mass early
I have always been bothered by people leaving Mass early. Unless you have a serious excuse it seems like people just want to have their cracker and leave. Well, this should be posted in every Catholic Church...

[Image: 284678_3115253499056_311810150_n.jpg]

I would love to make this into a sticker and put it on church missals.  At a NO that my Latin mass community uses I always see shamless couples with their children leave mass after holy communion.  It's so sad.  I used to serve at a NO and the priest gave a speech about how communion isn't a little cake and how it isn't right to leave mass after receiving Our Lord.  the bad thing about this was that he said it AFTER communion.
They'll leave, and look around when they're leaving. Our priest at the NO now says "The Mass doesn't end until I say" before the Mass, or something along those lines.
I don't want to derail, but we don't have that problem at the TLM.......(cliffhanger)
My priest at the NO would love this...he might even put it as a bulletin insert.  Like LoyalVIews's priest, he's constantly trying to remind people they shouldn't leave early.  My favorite recent attempt had to be, and I paraphrase, "Those people who knew the truth but left Christ due to the difficult teaching of eating His flesh had no excuse to turn their backs upon the Truth and the Bread of Life; just as many of you have no excuse to turn your backs on the Bread of Life as you leave early after receiving, but while Holy Communion is still going on!"
I never got why they would leave after communion anyway. Once communion is done there's only five minutes left of the entire Mass.
(08-24-2012, 07:52 PM)Aragon Wrote: I never got why they would leave after communion anyway. Once communion is done there's only five minutes left of the entire Mass.

Good point. Impatience I guess.
(08-24-2012, 05:54 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I have always been bothered by people leaving Mass early. Unless you have a serious excuse it seems like people just want to have their cracker and leave. Well, this should be posted in every Catholic Church...

[Image: 284678_3115253499056_311810150_n.jpg]

:inlove:  I love it!!! this is the best picture I've seen!!! right on!!! (can you tell I agree with your assessment?)
My first NO pastor would lock the entry doors until the Epistle (no wandering in just a bit late!) and he would halt the Mass if people started to leave early! Had very little problem. :)
(08-24-2012, 07:52 PM)Aragon Wrote: I never got why they would leave after communion anyway. Once communion is done there's only five minutes left of the entire Mass.

traffic?
Because I can't stand the happy pappy hippie NO - I usually do not leave early at all, only for this reason or an emergency.