Leaving Mass early
I think there's been an increase in this recently in the NO and I know why.  About a year ago they relocated the announcements from before the homily to right before the final blessing.  People don't mind listening to Father drone on for 3 or 4 minutes about parish bake sales and Altar Society meetings and what not before the homily, but before the final blessing it just agitates and wearies folks.  Another epic fail for the NO.
The image in the OP is brilliant.  Well played, sir.

Wasn't it St. John Vianney who would have torchbearers follow those who departed Mass early?  The story may be apocryphal, but the method would be effective, nonetheless.
Petertherock that image should be hung as a huge banner over the exit doorway and only lifted until 5 minutes after the completion of Mass.

Those who leave - got to make sure they can beat any inconvenience there may be in leaving the carpark.

Odd seeing Judas described as Catholic.
(08-24-2012, 07:53 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 07:52 PM)Aragon Wrote: I never got why they would leave after communion anyway. Once communion is done there's only five minutes left of the entire Mass.

Good point. Impatience I guess.

Also because at the NO people stand between the pews to chit chat and it gets crowded, so they want to beat the rush.
Yes that would be a good idea
(08-24-2012, 09:03 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: The image in the OP is brilliant.  Well played, sir.

Wasn't it St. John Vianney who would have torchbearers follow those who departed Mass early?  The story may be apocryphal, but the method would be effective, nonetheless.

Follow them and do what?
Light their way and kindly open the door for them?
This should be in every church foyer.
I don't even understand why people leave even when Mass has ended let alone those that leave so early! Especially when the very same people just walk outside and chat for ten or fifteen minutes when they can obtain a great amount of indulgences with the prayers prescribed at the end of Mass. I pray almost all of them, I don't want to spend one minute in Purgatory! That is if I'm worthy before the Lord. If that means taking five or ten minutes more in the Sanctuary of prayer, then so be it!
Quote: couples with their children leave mass after holy communion

I've had to do this several times because they're (usually Babykins but sometimes James when he was a toddler) just acting up so much, I just want to get the heck out of there and end it.  :blush: