Voris for President next time ?
Ron Paul will save us.  It's not to late!  The Revolution begins!!!

etc....
(08-25-2012, 11:55 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Ron Paul will save us.  It's not to late!  The Revolution begins!!!

etc....

When you say Revolution, "evol" has to be in backward script to look like love (like the T-Shirts).
(08-25-2012, 10:05 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:32 PM)cgraye Wrote: Yeah, that sums up my thoughts pretty well.  I'm disgusted with the whole thing.

Same.
I've always voted for the lesser of two evils but this time I'm not really sure what to do.  I keep going back and forth.... I don't WANT to vote for Mitt.  I watched almost every GOP debate last fall and I'm so fed up with the bickering and back scratching where the guy with the most cash and friends in high places comes out on top regardless of what he actually stands for. 

But Obama could be the devil's brother....

This. I'm not looking forward to casting this vote. I'm afraid of how I'll be judged for it later.
(08-25-2012, 11:55 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Ron Paul will save us.  It's not to late!  The Revolution begins!!!

etc....

Instead of contributing something positive, just keep tearing down.  That will certainly fix the problem.

Did anyone even mention Ron Paul in this thread?
(08-27-2012, 02:19 AM)Walty Wrote:

etc....

Instead of contributing something positive, just keep tearing down.  That will certainly fix the problem.

Damn Walty, why all the butt hurt?  I was just suggesting another possibility. 

I'm afraid this problem is way beyond my ability to fix.  I'll leave that to you younger folks.  I await your positive, constructive suggestions on how we can extricate ourselves from the Romney/Obama problem.
(08-27-2012, 09:10 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

etc....

I'm afraid this problem is way beyond my ability to fix.  I'll leave that to you younger folks.  I await your positive, constructive suggestions on how we can extricate ourselves from the Romney/Obama problem.

Supporting third party candidates is a start, but for some reason that garners nothing but ridicule from you. 

Again, I'm not butt-hurt.  I'm just growing tired of your "I'm so angsty; I'm too crabby to really care about anything" shtick.  It seems like you show up on threads just to point out how much you don't care.  It's like a 16 year old.
(08-27-2012, 10:20 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 09:10 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

etc....

Supporting third party candidates is a start, but for some reason that garners nothing but ridicule from you. 

Again, I'm not butt-hurt.  I'm just growing tired of your "I'm so angsty; I'm too crabby to really care about anything" shtick.  It seems like you show up on threads just to point out how much you don't care.  It's like a 16 year old.

If I told you I am 16 yo, wouldn't you feel bad?  Prolly not.

I'm going to listen to My Chemical Romance and cut myself.  Meanie.  :bronxcheer:
(08-25-2012, 08:17 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: Topple Romney and make Paul Ryan president. He's pro life isn't he?

I wondered whether he was [i]truly[/i] pro-life, as he had always stated  that he was never for "exceptions" (rape, incest, health of the mother), which is the doctrine of the Church.  The life of the mother could be the only exception but as we have read recently, two mothers who found themselves afflicted with cancer chose to forgo treatment for the sake of their unborn child and both gave birth to healthy babies but lost their lives.  That is the greatest sacrifice Christ mentioned in the Scriptures.

And now comes that episode of a GOP running for the senate who made the gaffe about rape not being possible for a woman to be impregnated therefore there was no reason for abortion and all the "righteous" GOPs jumped on him for his stupidity,  And then this is where Romney reared his ugly face and tells Paul Ryan that they are going to be pro-life and pro-choice when it comes to the "exceptions."   Oxymoronic!  Btw, ironically the term oxymoronic contains the name of the "angel" of the Mormons who gave Smith the "golden tablets" -- Moroni.  Mormonism is oxymoronic.  So we truly see what a flip-flopper this man has always been.  And now we hear that Ryan is saying, he will heed the policy of his boss and be pro-choice in the "exceptions."  Is Paul Ryan truly a Catholic?  He should have stood for his convictions and told his boss, he cannot do it because it goes against his Catholic faith.  Abortion is one of the four sins that cry to heaven for vengeance -- to abort the child conceived in rape and in incest is abortion in all its meaning

Edit to add:  Can we still vote for this guy?  He is a baby killer just as well as Obama.

Quote:Romney: ‘I’m in favor of legal abortion for health and life of mother,’ rape, incest

by Kathleen Gilbert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 09:19 EST
MICHIGAN, August 28, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney told an interviewer this week that he supports legal abortion in cases that threaten either life or health of mother, as well as rape and incest.
The former Massachusetts governor emphasized his differences with the GOP platform position on abortion, which embraces a pro-life position without exceptions, during a CBS interview at a campaign stop in Michigan.
“The platform as written at this convention for the Republicans does not allow for exceptions on abortion with regard to the health of the mother or rape or incest. Is that where you are?” asked CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley.
“No. My position has been clear throughout this campaign. I’m in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest, and the health and life of the mother,” said Romney.
The candidate, expected to receive the Republican nomination on Thursday, said the abortion issue does not belong in the political arena and is a question for the courts: “But recognize, this is a decision that will be made by the Supreme Court. The Democrats try and make this a political issue every four years, but this is a matter in the courts. It’s been settled for some time in the courts.”
“I’ve come down on the side of life. I respect people who have a different point of view. ... But this issue of life is an important one. And we have different views on this and people should consider them,” he said.

The Lesser of Two Evils
Catholic teaching or not?

"Now the constant man differs from the inconstant man in two respects. First, in respect of the quality of the danger feared, because the constant man follows right reason, whereby he knows whether to omit this rather than that, and whether to do this rather than that. Now the lesser evil or the greater good is always to be chosen in preference; and therefore the constant man is compelled to bear with the lesser evil through fear of the greater evil, but he is not compelled to bear with the greater evil in order to avoid the lesser. But the inconstant man is compelled to bear with the greater evil through fear of a lesser evil, namely to commit sin through fear of bodily suffering; whereas on the contrary the obstinate man cannot be compelled even to permit or to do a lesser evil, in order to avoid a greater. Hence the constant man is a mean between the inconstant and the obstinate. Secondly, they differ as to their estimate of the threatening evil, for a constant man is not compelled unless for grave and probable reasons, while the inconstant man is compelled by trifling motives: 'The wicked man sees when no man pursues' (Proverbs 28:1)."

- Summa, Suppl. Q. 47, Art. 2
Catholics used to say, "Father John Corapi for President", but that didn't work out very well for them, now did it? Now Catholics are turning to Voris as the spokesman flag bearer of the Church? ??? The same Voris that said in one of his videos that Buddhist, Hindus, Muslims, Animists and all other pagans can receive salvation without entering into the Holy Catholic Church before the end of their lives. So Voris denies the Catholic dogmatic teaching of EENS(No salvation outside the Catholic Church), just as most so called "catholics"(modernists) today do. That being said, at least he would be better than the Mormon pro-abortion candidate, Mitt Romney.