literally...What the Hell!
(08-25-2012, 10:27 PM)Axona Wrote:
(08-25-2012, 09:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-25-2012, 04:45 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Looks almost as big as our Priest in Massachusetts had for a fire on Easter Vigil.

Pretty sure that's what it is and I can't figure out why people are getting their panties in a wad over it.

There tends to be a lot of over-reacting on this forum.

Only a demonically possessed modernist would say such a thing.  J'accuse!!!!!  :sneaky:
Did you read the article....further did you look at the scene in the picture...and a final thing in all my 47 years Ive never seen anything like this..is this a roman catholic thing
(08-25-2012, 10:29 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Only a demonically possessed modernist would say such a thing.  J'accuse!!!!!  :sneaky:
  :LOL: :P
(08-25-2012, 10:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: Did you read the article....further did you look at the scene in the picture...and a final thing in all my 47 years Ive never seen anything like this..is this a roman catholic thing

OK, I read the article linked to. Nowhere does it say anything that leads to the paranoid reactions on this thread. Yes, the diocese is in bad shape, but what the hell does that have to do with the Bishop lighting the Paschal Fire?
Yeah looks to me like Easter fire too.  An ugly one, but Easter fire nonetheless.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
So instead of simply educating me I have to be called paranoid? What is a Easter fire?
(08-25-2012, 10:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: Did you read the article....further did you look at the scene in the picture...and a final thing in all my 47 years Ive never seen anything like this..is this a roman catholic thing

This is an altar consecration. Something seems to have gone wrong, though. I think it was intended to burn like the small two flames nearer to him.

Don't believe anything Der Spiegel writes about the Church. They are a declared enemy of the Church.
Bishop Kamphaus is one of the better bishops in Germany. He was sent into the most liberal diocese in already ultra-liberal Germany. So all the highly paid professional laymen who practically run the parishes in the diocese are raising a huge stink. And Der Spiegel has been trying to shoot him down since day one.
(08-26-2012, 07:03 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: So instead of simply educating me I have to be called paranoid? What is a Easter fire?

What would you do if everyone assumed the worst about any aspect of you which was not immediately understood?

Just like now, you protest being called paranoid instead of being educated...see the connection?
No
That looks like the blessing of fire for the Easter Vigil. The Easter Vigil takes place on the Saturday night before Easter.