Tortuous Language
Phraseology used at Mass must stem from a desire (conscious or otherwise) to go as far as possible from the original forms.  This gives us such painfully awkward and tin-eared phrases as "song of coming in" for "processional" and in like manner "song of going out (or forth)" in place of "recessional".

Furthermore, this wording seems to be dictated by the parish, if I am to judge by the Soviet-level compliance....every lector, every week, never a deviation.

This is also the case for "the Catholic church of St. Monica", instead of the (to me) far more usual "St. Monica's".  The absolute and utter compliance with this phraseology in ANY and EVERY written and spoken circumstance reminds me of the North Koreans always using the "Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea".
Wish we had Soviet-level compliance when it comes to doctrine. . .
The NO masses in my area called them recessional hymns
I always refer to it as the scattering hymn.  But that's because I'm often disrespectful. 
(08-26-2012, 09:22 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I always refer to it as the scattering hymn.  But that's because I'm often disrespectful. 

:LOL:
(08-26-2012, 08:58 PM)Miles Christi Wrote: The NO masses in my area called them recessional hymns

Same. I've actually never heard "song of coming in / going out". . .
Those terms are new to me but I remember this sort of thing being common in OF parishes I've attends. The substitution of "community" for "parish" was the only one that really bothered me.
"Come and celebrate Eucharist".
Everything must be made new.  Absolutely nothing from the previous 1960 years of the Church can be salvaged.  How else can we sing a New Church into being?
Sending song is a good one.

Of course, then you have to ask yourself "Why the hell do I continue to attend the Novus Ordo?"