Not Sure I Want to Know...

... what this sermon is about.  I just don't know what to say...

I had to find out and found the following stuff...

The sermon is about Isaias 49:2, which reads in the KJV as:
[html]
Quote: And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
[/html]

Yes, he was "polishing a shaft" to illustrate this verse. Oh, brother. That little bit o' schtick looks to be a part of the sermon below -- which is an interesting one because of how it begins -- with an introduction of this preacher-man by another. The man who introduces him talks about how they elected this guy to be their preacher -- and how when that happened,
[html]
Quote:I saw something in the room, an outpouring that night that I'd never seen before, I saw, and felt the Holy Spirt and saw, in our people, the Hand of God unlike I've ever seen. We could've voted that night, we would've elected him that evening, and it was already unanimous in our hearts."
[/html]
So, that's how it's done in Prot-Land. Interesting.  Anyway, this preacher -- Jack Schaap -- ended up getting caught having an affair with some teenaged girl.

Know of any more crazy sermons out there? They fascinate me...

Here he is totallly dogging women who "let themselves go" (wonder if that's how he justified having sex with the 16-year old). Yes, women are supposed to "keep what [they] were when they caught that man, and stay at that.": Women aren't supposed to age, I guess, or put on a few pounds after having kids (never mind men having to keep women's sexual attention, I'm sure).

Then he goes on to say it'll be a "cold day in Hell" when he listens to a woman talk about theology. Wonder what some of our intellectual-type female Saints would have said to him LOL

(08-27-2012, 08:14 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Then he goes on to say it'll be a "cold day in Hell" when he listens to a woman talk about theology. Wonder what some of our intellectual-type female Saints would have said to him LOL

St. Teresa of Avila would have kicked his @ss and then prayed for his soul...
(08-27-2012, 11:12 AM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 08:14 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Then he goes on to say it'll be a "cold day in Hell" when he listens to a woman talk about theology. Wonder what some of our intellectual-type female Saints would have said to him LOL

St. Teresa of Avila would have kicked his @ss and then prayed for his soul...

Accompanied by St. Catherine of Siena, they'd either have him convert in a matter of minutes or his brain would explode with all the high theology they'd be conveying.
What a disturbed little man!
Where I grew up (East TN), this style of histrionic sermon is fairly common among the various Protty denoms.  I remember attending several Southern Baptist services with friends as a child and being absolutely repulsed even then by the indecorousness of some yahoo with no theological training yelling and screaming and pacing around for an hour.  The sermons were often as ridiculous as any of the garbage that Jack Schaap spouts in these videos.  And then half the time I'd find out later "Brother" So-and-so had to resign as pastor because he got caught cheating on his wife or embezzling funds.  Odd what happens when you debase the worship of God Almighty into the worship of a creature, isn't it?
(08-27-2012, 08:02 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: ... what this sermon is about.  I just don't know what to say...

Looks like the future of American Health Care.
That first clip was sick. There's no need for that, even from his prottie "pulpit."
There is a site called The Museum of Idolatry at http://www.alittleleaven.com that has many disturbing things churches are trying to be "relevant". Things like pole dancing for Jesus, (un)holy laughter, sermons at Easter based on Dr. Seuss called "The Seusscharist"... It's a disturbing view of what is happening out there. All examples they show are linked and verified, btw. sad
(08-27-2012, 08:02 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Know of any more crazy sermons out there? They fascinate me...

Here's one that instantly comes to mind . . .

http://en.gloria.tv/?media=244923

(Warning, a little dirty)