Not Sure I Want to Know...
(08-27-2012, 08:02 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Know of any more crazy sermons out there? They fascinate me...

Just look for John Hagee on youtube. You can't go wrong.

I wish I could remember his name but there was this one preacher man on the Inspiration network that used to dance around in his sermons. One of them he was talking about Samuel anointing David and to illustrate some point he brought some kid up out of the audience(he was probably about 12) and poured oil on him scaring the crap out of him. He also used to try to get Catholics to read the Bible convinced we are not allowed to read it. This was back around 2009-2010 or so. Crazy!
(08-27-2012, 08:02 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: The man who introduces him talks about how they elected this guy to be their preacher -- and how when that happened,
Quote:I saw something in the room, an outpouring that night that I'd never seen before, I saw, and felt the Holy Spirt and saw, in our people, the Hand of God unlike I've ever seen. We could've voted that night, we would've elected him that evening, and it was already unanimous in our hearts."

So, that's how it's done in Prot-Land. Interesting.  Anyway, this preacher -- Jack Schaap -- ended up getting caught having an affair with some teenaged girl.

In defence of the old 'main-line' prots, only congregational polity sects elect their preachers. Most have an appointment process analogous to ours. In fact, the Methodists in the US have 'bishops' who appoint pastors at the yearly conferences. It's a standing joke amongst them that the pastor's wife packs and gets ready to move before conference, because if he's appointed to a new church, he's preaching there the next Sunday
John Hagee and Glenn Beck.

Doyle Davidson - Water of Life - Plano, TX
He is on his ..2nd or 3rd wife 'god gave him', all of whom were wives of men in his congregation.
You can youtube him, sadly. *Language and drunken slurring warning*
Can't go wrong with Fred Phelps for watching the insanity train roll by.  Justification never had it so good as when coming out of his and his clan's mouths.  I say that after living in Oklahoma growing up and hearing the sermons blared from loud speakers in the parking lots of the churches on every corner. 

Careful about curiosity Vox, it's got a vicious bite.  Smile
The Reverend James David Manning.  Crazy, but in a brilliant way:

[Image: th_sSqViclinteastwood.gif]

(12-22-2012, 11:40 AM)LongfellowDeeds Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 08:02 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Know of any more crazy sermons out there? They fascinate me...

Here's one that instantly comes to mind . . .

http://en.gloria.tv/?media=244923

(Warning, a little dirty)

Crazy, but awesome.  I think he's onto something:  "We got pastors who pee sitting down.  The President of the United States probably pees sitting down."  LOL LOL
(12-23-2012, 10:22 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote:
[Image: th_sSqViclinteastwood.gif]

Awesome!!!