Say what you want about JP2
But at least he received the Eucharist the right way....

[Image: 538714_173508729451207_370805848_n.jpg]

I know what we all know, now let me tell you what I know. My dad was far from the Church. After he died I gotsome of his books, and one was a translation of Nostradamus. I paid little attemtion to it. One day I went through it and found several little pieces of paper with cutout news clips from JPII's words when here in Chicago twice concerning prophecy and the rosary. They were as if his one interest of "prophecy" had been pushed aside and the rosary took it's place.
The clips were astoundingly Catholic, and I was stunned. One said something like pray the rosary in ths mess it's your help. My father had underlined parts and it was mysterious. It left me wondering if he had returned, and I don't know but pray for him everyday.

My father was a warrior, not a pretend one but a WWII decorated one. When in his late fifties he was attacked by three Latin Kings, he beat them badly and using the edge of a brick building removed one of their ears. That guy lost his ear in the fight. My father remained a warrior and never changed till the day he died.  All three Kings were lucky he had not seen them as a threat or he would have shot them with his 45cal. 1911 he carried. The point is it was Pope John Paul II's words which he listened to and the words he saved and kept hidden on the Rosary were Catholic. I hope because of this the Lord had mercy on an old warrior.

tim

tim
Sounds like a trooper Tim.

Father John Rizzo's Father (FSSP) invaded Normandy and I believe landed on Omaha Beach in the third wave of men.

Father Hugh Thwaites SJ who just died was in the Army for the fall of Singapore to the Japs and was a Jap POW for the rest of the war.  He caught all manner of diseases and looked thin as a rake all of his life.  He died last week aged 95 !!!
Thanks for this, a truly moving photo .
Not to excuse their actions, but God only knows the trials these men must face.
Harry the tank as we kidded behind his back was a Tank Destroyer Unit Commander. He went in after high school a little before the war, and became a gunnery sargent teaching artillery at Ft. Hood Texas. His Balckhawks were the only Americans that fought in all three Theatres, Africa, Europe, and the Pacific. After VE he was given a small r nd r in Paris, but they came for him and sent him to the Phillipines to amass and Army for invasion of Japan. Very tough old bird. He had to fight the local Fillipino Hukkas (sp ?) to get the railroad clear for the Army to mass.

tim
I don't say much about the late Holy Father, but that's a nice photo. Thanks for posting.

Also, you tell the best stories, Tim.
Even though we criticize these 2 men lets remember compared to the immoral rotten political leaders and apostates in and outside the church.they are saintly
I was showing how through all the Assissi somehow JPII reached my father with what he said about the rosary. When he was here twice many people were touched by his presence. We need to remember he was a successor of Peter and that is something more than any human alive.

tim
I find it ironic (infuriating? sad? sickening?) that JPII steadfastly refused to approve Communion in the Hand for Poland for his entire pontificate then when Benedict got in, that's one of the first things he did.  You plug one hole and three more spring a leak. Meh.  :titanic:
(08-28-2012, 10:50 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I find it ironic (infuriating? sad? sickening?) that JPII steadfastly refused to approve Communion in the Hand for Poland for his entire pontificate then when Benedict got in, that's one of the first things he did.  You plug one hole and three more spring a leak. Meh.  :titanic:
Trolling again?  What's new?