Father James Gordon FSSP prayer before the House session in March of 2012. ?
Hi,

I recently read about the prayer that Father James Gordon FSSP conducted in the House session, this past March.

Does anyone out there have the audio, or video to this prayer? To be able to hear everything he said.
I think what he did was awesome! What courage, what Faith!

May our Lord Bless him always!  :pray:

I understand that his family was blessed with other vocations as well. Where did they all grow up? What town, state? Obviously,
it is fertile ground, where ever that might be...
Do you know if he & his brothers were homeschooled, or did they go to the local Catholic school?
God bless their parents, what an amazing family!  :pray:

Also, is there a link or website to any of his sermons? If you do not want to post the information, please send me a private message.

Thanks so much for your input & help!
Blessings!  :)
Anyone??

I could swear I even saw a thread regarding the prayer here, but I cannot find it...  :((

Thanks,
Blessings  :)

(08-30-2012, 06:43 PM)DeoGratias72 Wrote: Hi,

I recently read about the prayer that Father James Gordon FSSP conducted in the House session, this past March.

Does anyone out there have the audio, or video to this prayer? To be able to hear everything he said.
I think what he did was awesome! What courage, what Faith!

May our Lord Bless him always!  :pray:

I understand that his family was blessed with other vocations as well. Where did they all grow up? What town, state? Obviously,
it is fertile ground, where ever that might be...
Do you know if he & his brothers were homeschooled, or did they go to the local Catholic school?
God bless their parents, what an amazing family!  :pray:

Also, is there a link or website to any of his sermons? If you do not want to post the information, please send me a private message.

Thanks so much for your input & help!
Blessings!  :)
The Gordon family grew up in Nogales Arizona .  3/4 boys. are Fssp.  priests.  born of an Irish father and a Mexican mother. family lives in Nogales. they went to school in Tucson Arizona and stay with very orthodox catholic families

.  I had the pleasure of meeting. all of them before been ordained .  they would stop in Tucson to assist Dr. Richard Rego, RIP.  and get his blessing before returning to the seminary

As Cristero has mentioned, James and his siblings were raised in Nogales. I've never met them, but a brief account of their early life is provided in a book called, "Pray, Hope, and Don't worry: True Stories of Padre Pio, Book ll," by Diane Allen.

The three page story is mainly about  Dennis Gordon, the brother of James, who is also an FSSP priest. The family  attended Catholic grammer schools and high school. They attended the TLM on several occasions, which made quite an impression on James' brother Dennis. Here's a few paragraph's about their lives as children, and Dennis' interest in the life of Padre Pio, which helped inspire him to become a priest, which is why his story is in the book.:

"The recitation of the Rosary was a regular part of their family life and good Catholic reading material was always plentiful in the Gordon household.

In order to supplement the religious education that his children received at their school and thier parish, Dennis' father took it upon himself to regularly review the Catholic Catechism with them. Often on Saturday mornings, he gathered with his children for a study session and even gave them written tests to make sure they understood the doctrines of the faith. He brought the teachings of Catholicism to life for them and in the process passed on his enthusiam and love for the Church to all five of his children.

When Dennis was eight years old, he happened to see a holy card of Padre Pio that belonged to his father and he asked his father about the mark's that he saw on Padre Pio's hands. His father explained to him that Padre Pio was so closely united to Jesus that the wounds of Jesus' crucifixion appeared in his body. It made a very deep impression on young Dennis. It also opened his eyes to the meaning of the priesthood and he reflected that a priest must be truly conformed to Christ Crucified. He then read a little booklet about Padre Pio and learned that his wounds bled more during the celebration of the Mass than at any other time. Dennis' faith was strengthened regarding the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist as he learned about Padre Pio's great devotion to the Eucharist and to the Holy Mass. Even though Dennis was just a boy, he was able to grasp the lofty spiritual concepts."
here is a previous tread talking about the Gordon brothers on this forum

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg27900965
Hi Cristero,

Thank you so much for this post  :)

OK, so are there 3 or 4 Priests in the Gordon family? I could not tell from your post...

Also, when you stated they went to school in Tucson, was that College?

Are the remainding children girls, any nuns? Or are the rest boys as well?

Who was Dr. Richard Rego? A family friend?

I think you are so Blessed to having met these wonderful Holy men! These great Priests! What a privilege, an honor!
I would love to meet them all as well, and their parents, to get parenting tips! And to find out what to do to
foster a vocation! And to Thank them for their contribution to the Faith!

It is such a blessing to have 1 Priest in the family, but more than one, that is just amazing! I do not think I have ever met a
family with more than 1 vocation! What a beautiful family!
They are so blessed!

Which brother is the oldest? And are they close in ages? How long have they been Priests? I have never seen
pictures of them, so I have no idea...

How much time from High School, until they entered the Seminary? I guess what I am wondering, how much time was spent on discernment?
Were they all at the Seminary at the same time?

I have heard sermons from a Father Gordon, but I do not know which one is the one speaking...Awesome sermons! God bless them all!

When you mentioned that their Father is Irish, did he come from Ireland, or were his parents Irish?
Also, do they speak Spanish?

What an amazing family!

You are so blessed for being able to spend time with these wonderful, holy Priests!

So, I am assuming that the area they grew up in, is very Catholic?

God bless you as well!
Thank you for taking the time to post this! :)

Viva Cristo rey!  :)

Pax  :)

And Thank you to the Gordon Family! Thank you to all of the Priests, vocations in the Gordon family! God bless you all! :)

(08-30-2012, 09:37 PM)cristero2008 Wrote: The Gordon family grew up in Nogales Arizona .  3/4 boys. are Fssp.  priests.  born of an Irish father and a Mexican mother. family lives in Nogales. they went to school in Tucson Arizona and stay with very orthodox catholic families

.  I had the pleasure of meeting. all of them before been ordained .  they would stop in Tucson to assist Dr. Richard Rego, RIP.  and get his blessing before returning to the seminary
(08-31-2012, 08:27 PM)cristero2008 Wrote: here is a previous tread talking about the Gordon brothers on this forum

Hi Cristero,

I guess we were posting at the same time...

For some reason I cannot see the pictures  :((

Are you able to post it again, just in case....

Thanks so much!
God bless  :)
Hi Meg,

Thanks so much for this beautiful post! :)

I will definitely try to get the book. What a touching story.
They seem to be a lovely family. May our Lord continue to bless them all.

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I appreciate it.

I hope that someone out there might have the prayer that Father Gordon said during the House session.

May God bless you as well.

Pax  :)

(08-30-2012, 10:43 PM)Meg Wrote: As Cristero has mentioned, James and his siblings were raised in Nogales. I've never met them, but a brief account of their early life is provided in a book called, "Pray, Hope, and Don't worry: True Stories of Padre Pio, Book ll," by Diane Allen.

The three page story is mainly about  Dennis Gordon, the brother of James, who is also an FSSP priest. The family  attended Catholic grammar schools and high school. They attended the TLM on several occasions, which made quite an impression on James' brother Dennis. Here's a few paragraph's about their lives as children, and Dennis' interest in the life of Padre Pio, which helped inspire him to become a priest, which is why his story is in the book.:

"The recitation of the Rosary was a regular part of their family life and good Catholic reading material was always plentiful in the Gordon household.

In order to supplement the religious education that his children received at their school and their parish, Dennis' father took it upon himself to regularly review the Catholic Catechism with them. Often on Saturday mornings, he gathered with his children for a study session and even gave them written tests to make sure they understood the doctrines of the faith. He brought the teachings of Catholicism to life for them and in the process passed on his enthusiasm and love for the Church to all five of his children.

When Dennis was eight years old, he happened to see a holy card of Padre Pio that belonged to his father and he asked his father about the mark's that he saw on Padre Pio's hands. His father explained to him that Padre Pio was so closely united to Jesus that the wounds of Jesus' crucifixion appeared in his body. It made a very deep impression on young Dennis. It also opened his eyes to the meaning of the priesthood and he reflected that a priest must be truly conformed to Christ Crucified. He then read a little booklet about Padre Pio and learned that his wounds bled more during the celebration of the Mass than at any other time. Dennis' faith was strengthened regarding the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist as he learned about Padre Pio's great devotion to the Eucharist and to the Holy Mass. Even though Dennis was just a boy, he was able to grasp the lofty spiritual concepts."
(08-31-2012, 08:27 PM)cristero2008 Wrote: here is a previous tread talking about the Gordon brothers on this forum

Thank you so much :)
Fr. Terrence Gordon is an assistant priest at our parish, and he has truly been a blessing.  His sermons are always top notch, and he's just a fun person to be around.  His sister married a friend of mine who was instrumental in helping me grow in my faith.  May God bless the entire Gordon family.  :pray: