How do you like your steak
(09-01-2012, 12:19 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Always thinking of things I cannot eat on Friday.

Medium well.

I used to eat steak quite often, and I always cooked it myself. I use the word "cooked" in the most liberal sense.

Perhaps I was lazy, but I took to barely cooking it at all, It was lightly brown on the outside and red on the inside. I ended up preferring it this way.

But note, this was before I gave up eating animals completely, so it is not something I recommend or endorse.

But it was filling and quick.
As rare as the steak can legally be served, that's how!
Should be a poll! Medium rare.
Medium rare
Medium well. Preferably from a cow that isn't mad.
Rare cool inside-hot outside mmmmm.
(09-02-2012, 06:43 AM)Starry Plough Wrote: Preferably from a cow that isn't mad.

They are generally not too pleased with the situation.
Rare.
(09-01-2012, 12:44 PM)tmw89 Wrote: As rare as the steak can legally be served, that's how!

Exactly.  I generally specify "as rare as you're allowed."  Ditto for burgers.  I'd probably eat a steak raw with a little salt and pepper if that wouldn't be gauche.  Steak tartare?  Heaven.
What are you people a bunch of neanderthals?  The discovery of fire is generally viewed as one of the benchmarks on our way to a civilized society. 

But go ahead, hide in a dark cave and gnaw on a hunk of bloody meat.  And stab someone with a wooly mammoth tusk if they get too close to your precious...yesssssss.